Last Minute Wine Tour
Georgians have been producing wine with a unique method in “Qvevri’’ (clay tank planted in the ground, that is included in UNESCO intangible world heritage list), for 8000 years. Almost every family in the countryside in Kakheti is also winegrower. In Georgia, there are grown about 500 varieties of grape and produced well-known, high quality dry and semi-sweet red and white wines.
Please note! In Last Minute tours, you'll be served with guide-assistant instead of a professional guide. The assistant is a person who's doing practice in our company to learn basics of travel guiding service, knows the basic material of all destinations travellers will visit but he/she is not a professional guide. The car you'll be served is a standard class vehicle and could be with right wheel drive.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off;
- Transportation In modern, air-conditioned coach;
- Petrol Costs;
- Guide-assistant service (English, Russian)
- A bottle of water per traveler.
What's excluded :
- Travel insurance;
- Meals and drinks;
- Costs for wine tasting.
- Entry/Admission - Tsinandali Palace
- Entry/Admission - Shumi Winery
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Badiauri, Badiauri, Kakheti Region
At first the travelers visit village Badiauri, where all villagers who live along the road are baking bread for daily use.
After getting experience about Georgian traditional way of baking bread, tourists will visit one of the most famous monasteries in the Georgia,
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Bodbe Monastery of St. Nino, Signagi Georgia
Bodbe Monastery, the holy place for Georgian people, because there is buried St. Nino, who brought Christianity in Georgia in the middle of 4th century. According to the legend she had healing properties. The church acquired its current shape in the 9th century.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Sighnaghi, Sighnaghi, Kakheti Region
From Bodbe continue the way to Sighnaghi. Founded by the famous King Erekle II in 1772. Buildings in the city built in the style of southern Italian classicism with Georgian elements. A few years ago, Sighnaghi was restored and constructed. Since then a lot of tourists have visited the city to enjoy the stunning panorama, which opens on Alazani Valley. The town’s architecture is unique with old and modern components. Today Sighnaghi has additional status: it is known as a “City of Love”. Sighnaghi is famous for its eponymous castle, this is included in the list of the most famous and largest forts in Georgia. The city is surrounded with high defending wall, 4 km in length.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Velistsikhe, Georgia
The next stop is village Velistsikhe to the wine cellar of XVI c. Here the guests can taste homemade wine and see how Georgians store wine in medieval time.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Tsinandali Palace, Tsinandali village, Tsinandali Georgia
Then, the root lays towards Prince Chavchavadze Palace (XIX c) in village Tsinandali with wonderful French park and wine cellar. Here in wine cellar guests can taste different sort of local wines.
Duration: 44 minutes
Stop At: Shumi Winery, Village Tsinandali, Kakheti, Georgia, Tsinandali 2217 Georgia
After exploring of Palace, guests will visit Wine factory-museum “Shumi” for another wine tasting and if desired, it’s available to purchase some bottles of wines locally from the factory.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Telavi, Telavi, Kakheti Region
At the end of the tour visit of Telavi - main city and administrative center of Kakheti region (100 km eastern from Tbilisi).
Duration: 25 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We'll pick you up from your hotel before the tour starts
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- All traveles with normal physical condition are able to travel with this tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We check daily temperature of our guest before starting time of the trip.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.