Laura Plantation Tour
Go beyond the myths of the American South and explore the complex and intimate relationships of 4 generations of one Louisiana Creole family, both free and enslaved at Laura: A Creole Plantation, a major sugar plantation located on the banks of the Mississippi River, just one hour from New Orleans. Your admission includes a 70-minute tour with a knowledgeable guide who shares the rich history of Creole culture as seen through the lens of the family who owned Laura Plantation for generations. Tour the main house, grounds and slave quarters as you gain insight into the people who lived and worked here for centuries.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Laura: Louisiana's Creole Heritage Site, 2247 Highway 18, Vacherie, LA 70090-5409
-A guided tour offered daily in English/French.
-Tour includes Maison Principale, gardens, original 1840s slave cabins.
-Stories of 4 generations of one Louisiana Creole family, free and enslaved.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Laura Plantation: Louisiana's Creole Heritage Site, 2247 LA-18, Vacherie, LA 70090, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Good walking shoes suggested
- A portion of the tour takes place outdoors
- Only the ground floor of the main house is ADA accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Tour is offered in French 1pm
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.