Lava Caves and Reykjanes Peninsula by Super Jeep from Reykjavik
Hop aboard the super jeep and discover the Reykjanes Peninsula. Travel through the volcanic landscapes of the southwest part of Iceland and explore the underground system of lava caves found here. This is a unique private experience discovering hidden natural wonders, stunning scenery and amazingly colourful lava formations. Travel by specially modified super jeep with hotel pickup from Reykjavik included, and see all of Iceland's volcanic gems on this full day trip.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip transportation
- Professional private guide
- Wifi connection on board the super jeep
- Hot drinks on board
- We provide security helmets and lights to explore the lava caves
What's excluded :
- Enjoy complimentary hotel pickup from your centrally located Reykjavik accommodation. The tour then begins with a scenic drive through the south west of Iceland, taking you through stunning views and over the impressive volcanic landscapes of the Reykjanes Peninsula.
Discover this unusual part of the country, with valleys flowing into the lava, dark rocks and gaping craters. This strip of land is marked by its active underground volcanic activity. Its cooled lava soil, that does not allow vegetation to grow, allows you to see bald reliefs and dark rocks typical of volcanic areas, almost like a moonscape. With its many hot springs and sulfur springs, Rekjanes Peninsula is an incredible place of natural beauty.
Next, we'll head to an impressive lava field, where you can enjoy a short hike to the entrance of one of the best hidden wonders of Iceland : the lava caves. During the tour, we will visit two of them. The narrow cave entrances feel like doors that open to another world. Your guide will you through the extraordinary lava tube caves. The caves here were formed by flowing lava moving beneath the hardened surface of an old lava flow. The tubes can be actively draining lava from a volcano during an eruption. When the lava flow discontinues the spaces sometimes empty, to leave behind a vast system of caves and tunnels. With the light on your helmet and your experienced guide, you'll discover some amazing features usually hidden in the dark and untouched for thousands of years. You can expect to see colourful rock formations, stalactites, stalagmites, ice forms and other geological curiosities. The tour requires some crawling and walking on uneven ground, but it is an easy activity which will leave you with some incredible memories.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Sturdy shoes for walking/hiking recommended
- Please ensure that you wear warm clothing and outerwear suited for chilly or rainy weather and gloves
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.