Lava Tube Ice Cave Lofthellir
Lofthellir Ice Cave is a permafrost, Ice-Cave inside a Lava Tunnel, boosting incredible ice formations, some hundreds of years old.
The tour starts from Lake Mývatn area, the journey to the cave leads you through rugged tracks along incredible geology. You will be provided with a helmet, headlamp and studded boots for better grip, inside this Ice Cave.
We travel slowly and safely into the cave in a single line, guided by your cave guide, whom will help you to safely move through the cave. The entrance of the cave is the most narrow part of the cave and you will need to crawl through. How ever with every step you take into the cave it just get’s bigger!
A lost world of Ice and magic awaits, frozen in time, frozen in place
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Helmets, Lights and Boots
- Entrance / Conservation fee for Lofthellir Cave.
- Entry/Admission - Lofthellir Lava Cave
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lofthellir Lava Cave, Lake Myvatn Area, Lake Myvatn Iceland
Frozen World, Ice Cave within a lava field. Experience a world of ice and darkness. Travel trough this incredible natural phenomenon in this Exclusive daily tour.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Myvatnsstofa Visitor Centre, Reykjahlíð, Iceland
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.