Lavender Route Small-Group Day Trip from Avignon
Explore some of the most secret lavender fields of Provence on this small-group day trip from Avignon. During the harvest season we will be happy to take you to a local farm, where you'll have the chance to watch over the distillation of lavender. Discover top attractions including 12th-century Sénanque Abbey with its famous lavender fields (end of June - beginning of August), and visit traditional Provençal villages such as Gordes and Roussillon — home to the famous Ochre Trail. Along the way to Sault's plateau, admire beautiful views over rolling lavender fields stretching into the distance and enjoy personal attention from your tour guide on this small-group tour, limited to 8 people.
per adult from
What's included :
- Driver/tour guide
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Parking fees, tolls and fuel
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees, unless specified
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Musee de la Lavande Luberon, 276 Route de Gordes Lieu Dit Musée de la Lavande, 84220 Coustellet France
Learn the role lavender plays in Provence’s economy and culture (introduction to lavender, short movie, shop). During the harvest time (mid-July - mid-August) this visit is replaced by a stop at a local lavender farm, where you will have the chance to watch over the distillation of lavender flowers and the production of essential oil.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Abbaye Notre-Dame de Senanque, D177a, 84220, Gordes France
Head onward to 12th-century Sénanque Abbey — nestled among lush forests and beautiful lavender fields, widely considered among the region’s top attractions. Visit the outdoor part of the abbey with its lavender in bloom.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Vieille Ville de Gordes, Gordes France
Enjoy free time through the streets of Gordes and admire sweeping views from its vantage point on the high hillsides of the Vaucluse mountains.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Roussillon, Roussillon, Gordes, Luberon, Vaucluse, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Continue on to Roussillon — a colourful village famous for its ochre walls. Here, you can opt for the pretty Ochre Path (entrance fee not included - 2.50€/adult) and discover the natural beauty of Roussillon's surrounding area or for a simple stroll on the streets of the village.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sarraud, 84390 Sault, France
Following the blooming stage of lavender, we will be happy to show you the brightest and most scenic lavender fields in the area (on the slopes of the Luberon or on the plateau of Sault).
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1: Place Jean Jaurès, 30400 Villeneuve-lès-Avignon, France
2: Boulevard Saint-Roch, 84000 Avignon, France
3: 41 Cours Jean Jaurès, 84000 Avignon, France
4: Place de l'Horloge, 84000 Avignon, France
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Face masks required for guides and travelers inside the vehicles
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.