Learn to Make Bolognese Pasta: Private Cooking Lesson in Bologna with Giovanna
Enjoy a private and authentic cooking class in a local Bologna home with your host Giovanna. This is a perfect experience for anyone looking to connect with local culture over food. Your cooking class will take place in a local home kitchen where Giovanna will teach you 2-3 traditional Italian dishes from her family recipes, a pasta, sauce and a side dish or dessert. After cooking, you will enjoy your meal together. Your host Giovanna is a warm and gentle retired history and philosophy teacher who has lived in Bologna for over 60 years. She lives in an apartment in a large villa with her daughters Francesca and Laura. She learned to cook from her mother and grandmother and from her husband’s family. She loves cooking for family, friends and guests and particularly enjoys widening her culinary repertoire with new dishes she learns on her travels. She enjoys introducing guests to Bologna's snacks such as crescentine, tigelle and piadine in addition to its pastas, vegetables and desserts.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private cooking class with your host Giovanna
- Alcoholic Beverages - Local wine (1-2 glasses)
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- This is a unique opportunity to visit the home of a local and explore traditional Italian culture and cuisine. Join Giovanna in her kitchen and learn to cook a seasonal Bolognese meal. The central pillars of Bolognese cooking are pork meat and egg pasta and you will learn to cook a pasta such as tagliatelle al ragù, lasagne or the lesser known, local Gramigna, Bolognese pasta with "salsiccia" made in the surrounding countryside. You will also learn to cook a side dish or dessert, before you share the meal you helped prepare with Giovanna at her dining table. Giovanna loves teaching guests how to prepare typical dishes from the rich Bolognese cooking tradition and sharing tales and anecdotes that are connected to different foods. Your meal starts with a typical Bolognese snack like crescentine or tigelle, a traditional bread served with salumi, cheese or oven-roasted pomodori, Italian tomatoes (when in season). You will then enjoy your Bolognese pasta and a seasonal side. Your meal concludes with a seasonal dessert Italian dessert. Experience this private, cultural and culinary adventure over Pignoletto dei colli bolognesi or Lambrusco wine with a warm and hospitable host!
• Crescentine or tigelle filled with salame - Bologna pastry filled with local salames such as mortadella, prosciutto or ciccioli and cheeses like the soft sqauccherone or parmigiana.
• Pasta Bolognese - Tagliatelle al ragu, lasagne or gramigna (pasta in a meat sauce)
• Seasonal vegetable side or salad and bread
• Seasonal Italian dessert
Departure Point :Bologna, Metropolitan City of Bologna, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.