Lecce Street Food Tour
Southern Italy is also known for its strong culinary and gastronomy traditions that are still very visible and tangible nowadays. Do not miss the chance to experience the town from another perspective and discover what locals really eat. With this 2 hours guided tour you'll have the chance to discover the heart of Lecce admiring its main landmark while tasting local food such as: puccia, rustico, “pezzetti di cavallo”, pasticciotto, cotognata all accompanied by local wine.
Give a sweeter touch to your stay in Puglia.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guided tour in the heart of Lecce
- Covered market tour
- Taste all typical Leccese Products
- Coffee, with wine or salentine beer included during the food tour
- Entry/Admission - L'angolo Della Puccia
- Entry/Admission - Piazza Sant'Oronzo
- Entry/Admission - Centro Storico, Lecce
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Piazza del Duomo, 73010, Lecce Italy
Meet our staff and depart for this extraordinary culinary experience!
Stop At: Mercato Ortofrutticolo all'Ingrosso di Lecce, Via Francesco de Mura, 26, 73100 Lecce LE, Italy
Ready for the first food experience. Your guide will take you to the close fruit and vegetables market to smell, see and taste the real raw flavors of Salento, you will be amazed by colours and smells of the local fruits and vegetables
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: L'angolo Della Puccia, Via Giuseppe Libertini, Piazza del Duomo, 78, 73100 Lecce LE, Italy
Covering Libertini street you will enjoy the second tour experience, a stop at the “pucceria”. What puccia is? it is an hot round size baked bread stuffed with marinated vegetables cheese ham and mozzarella. A real dream
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Comune Di Lecce, Via Giuseppe Palmieri, 23, 73100 Lecce LE, Italy
After the puccia experience you need to walk, therefore why not walking along the only one rococo style street (Palmieri str) famous because of its civic buildings.
Stop At: Piazza Sant'Oronzo, 73100, Lecce Italy
When you arrive at St. oronzo square you have to try one of the most famous leccese food, the Rustico: a round shape vol au vent of pastry flake stuffed with mozzarella, béchamel, tomato and pepper. But you cannot join a street food tour in Lecce without the “pezzetti di cavallo”. Pezzetti di cavallo is an italian delicacy, tender pieces of horse meat cooked in a delicious, local tomato sauce.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Centro Storico, Lecce, Corte dei Cicala, 19-35, 73100, Lecce Italy
Finish your food experience with a visit to a local cafeteria to finish your lunch with an italian espresso, the tasty pasticciotto (a round shape sweet made of pastry dough stuffed with lemon custard) and cotognata (quince jam).
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Piazza del Duomo, 2, 73100 Lecce LE, Italy
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour require a minimum of 2 pax
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.