Legendary Venice St. Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace Group or Private Tour
Due to Covid19, until the end of 2020, this tour will be amended to ensure your safety:
- Group tours: Group size and tour duration may be reduced. This will be amended as as Covid restrictions relax in accordance with local regulations
- St Marks Basilica may be subject to visit restrictions, your tour will be amended on the day to offer you the most best experience available.
- It is not possible to bring large backpacks on the tour.
If you want to submerge yourself in the incredible history of Venice’s once-great maritime empire, this Venice tour is the perfect excursion for you. Take access of two of the floating city’s most important buildings: St. Mark’s Cathedral, and the Doge’s Palace. As you explore these jaw-droppings spaces, your expert local guide will bring them to life with the histories and stories of how they were built and the human dramas that played out inside. History buffs and casual visitors alike will love the way this tour brings the stones of Venice to life.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Venice walking tour including local Venetian guide
- Special access to the terraces of St. Mark’s Basilica
- Headsets when necessary
- Expert English speaking guide
- Tickets to St. Mark’s Basilica
- Skip the line access tickets at the Doge’s Palace
- Entry/Admission - Ponte dei Sospiri
- Entry/Admission - Doge's Palace
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Piazza San Marco, 31024 Venice Italy
We start in the world-famous St. Mark’s Square, taking a moment to appreciate the space before diving into St. Mark’s Cathedral. Here you will get a deep look at the way that Venice built a mercantile empire that once spanned the entire Mediterranean.
Stop At: Ponte dei Sospiri, Piazza San Marco, 1, 30100 Venice Italy
Finally, you’ll wander over the Bridge of Sighs and learn why this romantic icon is a little more grim than you have probably been taught.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Basilica di San Marco, Piazza San Marco 328, 30124 Venice Italy
Get special access to the terraces of St. Mark’s Basilica with spectacular views over Venice.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Doge's Palace, Piazza San Marco, 1, 30124 Venice Italy
Next it’s off to the Doge’s Palace, where pre-reserved tickets once again get us past the lines and inside what was the political heart of the empire for hundreds of years.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Pass By: Walks, Corte Sant'Antonio 1, 30122 Venice Italy
Walks of Italy
Departure Point :St. Mark's Square, Piazza San Marco, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Return Detail :St. Mark's Square, Piazza San Marco, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
- Please remember that the basilica is a holy place and attire must be appropriate: Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. Walks of Italy cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress. Backpacks are prohibited inside of St. Mark's Basilica.
- The terrace of St. Mark's Basilica, the prisons and the armory of the Doge's Palace are not wheelchair-accessible, as a result of which we cannot accommodate wheelchairs on this tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Due to Covid19, until the end of 2020, this tour will be amended to ensure your safety: Group size and tour duration may be reduced. This will be amended as as Covid restrictions relax in accordance with local regulations. St Marks Basilica may be subject to visit restrictions, your tour will be amended on the day to offer you the most comprehensive experience available. Please also note that it is not possible to bring large backpacks on the tour
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- -Group size and/or tour duration may be reduced. -It is not possible to bring large backpacks on the tour -St Marks Basilica may be subject to visit restrictions, your tour will be amended on the day to offer you the most comprehensive experience available.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.