Leiden Lake District (Merenwijk) walking tour
At Holidays in Holland, we offer you very unique walking excursions that no body else would offer. We give you the opportunity to walk in cities and neighborhoods close to the nature with a local so that you can get the best of the Dutch landscape. It is not like a mega excursion where ten or twenty people would participate. The walking excursions we make are very personalized and creative. We give you the opportunity to see the man built environment or nature in the best way possible: walking.
per adult from
1 to 30 minutes
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Full guidance during walking tour
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Firma Kagerzoom, Oosteinde 11, 2361 HB Warmond, Netherlands
This is a swimming lake in the river Zijl, where we will pass by. In the summer this is a popular place for a afternoon bath. During the visit to this place, we will also see the passing sail boats and the beauty of the river Zijl.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Broekdijkmolen, 2361 PA Warmond, Netherlands
This is one of the several old windmills we will visit during our walking tour. When we visit this windmill, you will understand how the concept of pumping water from the sea to the canals and waterways in Holland work. We can explain it seeing different levels of water.
Also if you are lucky, you will see some farm animals near this windmill.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Golfclub Kagerzoom, Veerpolder 20, 2361 KV Warmond, Netherlands
This is a recreational golf club for the sport lover. While passing the borders of this golf club during our walking tour, we will be able to see different types of birds hovering around the golf club. This is a good place to make photographs.
Stop At: Kinderboerderij Merenwijk, Parkzicht 100, 2317 RH Leiden, Netherlands
This is a childrens farm where you can see many farm animals like sheep, cattle, pigs, hens, rabbits and many other species
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Stadsmolen, Leiden, Gooimeerlaan 3, 2316 JZ Leiden, Netherlands
This is the second windmill we will be able to visit during our walking tour . We are also going to explain how this windmill works and going to end our tour also here.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Zwartemeerlaan, 2317 Leiden, Netherlands
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 3/28/2020 - 10/17/2020
3/28/2021 - 10/17/2021
Saturday: 08:00 AM - 11:30 PM Sunday: 12:00 PM - 11:30 PM Saturday: 08:00 AM - 11:30 PM Sunday: 12:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.