Leipzig's Communist Past: An audio tour of the city's secret relics and history
Join me on this self guided audio tour of Leipzig's fascinating communist past. As you walk with me through this vibrant city's mediaeval centre, we will discover how it looked in the 1980s under the East German regime and what it was like to live here then. Pass the former headquarters of the hated Stasi secret service and learn how people power in this City of Heroes began the process that tore down the Berlin Wall and brought the Stasi's reign of terror to an end.
per adult from
60 to 75 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Hauptbahnhof Leipzig, Willy-Brandt-Platz, 04109, Leipzig, Saxony Germany
The tour starts outside the Hauptbahnhof.
Pass By: Am Bruhl, 04109, Leipzig, Saxony Germany
The tour goes along the Bruhl.
Pass By: Hoefe am Bruehl, Bruehl 1, 04109, Leipzig, Saxony Germany
The tour passes through Höfe am Brühl.
Pass By: Museum der Bildenden Kunste, Katharinenstr. 10, 04109, Leipzig, Saxony Germany
The tour passes by the Museum der Bildenden Künste.
Pass By: Evangelisch-Reformierte Kirche, Tröndlinring 7, 04105 Leipzig, Germany
The tour passes by the Reformierte Kirche.
Pass By: Richard-Wagner-Platz, 04109 Leipzig, Germany
The tour passes by Richard Wagner Platz.
Pass By: St. Thomas Church, Thomaskirchhof 18, 04109, Leipzig, Saxony Germany
The tour passes by Thomaskirche.
Pass By: Naschmarkt, 04109, Leipzig, Saxony Germany
The tour passes by the Naschmarkt.
Pass By: Mädler-Passage, 04109 Leipzig, Germany
The tour passes along the Mädler Passage.
Pass By: Speck's Hof, Reichsstr. 4, 04109, Leipzig, Saxony Germany
The tour passes by Speck's Hof.
Pass By: St. Nicholas Church (Nikolaikirche), Nikolaikirchhof 3, 04109, Leipzig, Saxony Germany
The tour passes by Nikolaikirche.
Pass By: Augustusplatz, 04109, Leipzig, Saxony Germany
The tour passes by Augustusplatz.
Pass By: Gewandhaus zu Leipzig, Augustusplatz 8, 04109, Leipzig, Saxony Germany
The tour passes by the Gewandhaus.
Pass By: Moritzbastei, Kurt-Masur-Platz 1, 04109 Leipzig, Germany
The tour ends by the Moritzbastei.
Departure Point :Hauptbahnhof, 04109 Leipzig, Germany
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/21/2020 - 8/2/2022
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Moritzbastei, Kurt-Masur-Platz 1, 04109 Leipzig, Germany
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitiser with them to ensure their own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.