Leonardo da Vinci's - Lady with Ermine on The Princess Czartoryski Museum
Lady with an Ermine is a painting by Leonardo da Vinci from around 1489–1490 and one of Poland's national treasures. The subject of the portrait is Cecilia Gallerani, painted at a time when she was the mistress of Ludovico Sforza, Duke of Milan, and Leonardo was in the service of the duke. The painting is one of only four portraits of women painted by Leonardo considered by many to be the most beautiful.
• Please print a voucher that has been sent to you by the Local Supplier via Viator panel or visit 6/9 Józefa Piłsudskiego Street where you will receive a voucher from the Local Supplier. Only this document will be accepted at the Museum's Ticket Office.
• Please, present the PRINTED Discover Cracow voucher at the Museum’s ticket office
per adult from
What's included :
- Entrance ticket
What's excluded :
- Guide at the museum
- Hotel pickup/drop off
- Visit: Stare Miasto, Rynek Glowny, Krakow 30-062 Poland
Please present printed voucher
Duration: 15 minutes
Visit: Muzeum Ksiazat Czartoryskich, ul. Pijarska 15, Krakow 31-017 Poland
The portrait embodies the Renaissance idea of an image as an illusion of natural vitality. The artist managed to achieve this thanks to his knowledge of anatomy and his skill with light features, which enabled him to create a three- dimensional human figure on the image plane. The original background, which was over-painted with black in the 19th century, was also modeled with light just like the figure, which must have given the impression of the model emerging from the shadows. The painting was purchased ca. 1800 in Italy, by Adam Jerzy, the son of Princess Izabela Czartoryska, and donated to the Museum in Puławy. The portrait became the property of the Republic of Poland in 2016.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Stare Miasto, Rynek Glowny, Krakow 30-062 Poland
Departure Time :Krakow Card 2 Days 4/1/2019 - 12/20/2021
Exhibition Entrance 4/1/2019 - 12/20/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Krakow Card 3 Days 4/1/2019 - 12/20/2021
Wednesday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please print a voucher that has been sent to you by the Local Supplier via Viator panel or visit exchange point where you will receive a voucher from the Local Supplier. Only this document will be accepted at the Museum's Ticket Office.
- Please, present the PRINTED Discover Cracow voucher at the Museum’s ticket office
- Last entrance is 90 minutes before closing
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties
- A discount entrance fee is available for youths aged up to 24 holding a valid student ID.
- Babies up to 5 y.o. do not require any ticket
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.