Lesedi Cultural Village - Half Day Tour
When South African icon Archbishop Desmond Tutu first christened South Africa the “Rainbow Nation”, he was referring particularly to its peoples and their varying cultures. From Zulu people to those of Xhosa origin, to the Sothos, English, and Khoisans, South Africa has a rich diversity of people and cultures and 11 official languages.
• Explore the glorious diversity of the people of this land. Discover the fascinating cultures and traditions of the people of Africa
• Visit five traditional homesteads inhabited by Zulu, Xhosa, Pedi, Basotho and Ndebele tribes who live according to tribal folklore and traditions of their ancestors.
• Be dazzled by traditional dances and ancient story telling
• Enjoy a traditional buffet - A feast fit for a King
• See the cradle of human kind area - which is where Lesedi Cultural Village is Situated
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel or Airport Pick up in a luxury air conditioned
- Transport in a luxury air-conditioned vehicle
- Johannesburg/ Pretoria Hotel or airport drop off
- Small group tour ( 2 - 15)
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Lesedi Cultural Village, Portion 198 Of Farm no 493 Off the R512, Lanseria 1748 South Africa
You will be picked up from your Johannesburg, Pretoria Hotels or OR Tambo International Airport by a professional guide/driver. Duration of the drive will depend on pick up locations, but it can be anything between 45 mins to 1 hour.
Your tour will start with a multimedia presentation about origins and history of South Africa, and a visit to the Ndebele Village with an introduction to their culture. You will then enjoy a guided tour of 4 other villages - Zulu Village, Basotho Village, Xhosa Village and Bapedi Village.
After the village tour you will be escorted to the Boma for a traditional singing and dance show - a very participative affair which depicts stories dating back to the days of their fore fathers. This will be followed by lunch or dinner at the Nyama Choma Restaurant where you will enjoy a 3 course African Buffet with an array of traditional dishes.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick clients up from all addresses in Johannesburg and neighboring suburbsAirports
- Johannesburg Intl Airport, Johannesburg South Africa
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.