Let's Go Buggin - 2 Hour Photography Walking Tour
Join Macro Photographer Bridgette Gower on a small group tour (maximum 4 people) to explore the world of Fungi, Insects, and Spiders in the Cairns Botanic Gardens.
This is the only tour of its kind in Cairns.
Most of the tiny lifeforms go completely unnoticed, but a magical world awaits to be discovered when you join for a personalized, highly specified tour of the gardens and the treasures it keeps.
Assistance is given to those wanting some help improving their photography.
per adult from
What's included :
- Expert Guide
- Photography Advice
What's excluded :
Enjoy a relaxed but adventurous walk through the Cairns Botanic Gardens to see Four O’Clock Moth Caterpillars, Cairns Birdwing Caterpillars and Cocoons, Leaf, Tree and Plant Hoppers, Praying mantis, Jumping Spiders, Tortoise Beetles, Damselflies, Dragonflies and Butterflies.
I can help you capture images of these amazing creatures, having spent many hours in the gardens for photographic pleasure and I have collected a vast amount of knowledge of where to find the gems of the miniature world. I can assist you with your camera settings and composition to help get the best images possible with your own gear.
Olympus Tough 5, which is a great beginner macro camera is available to hire. If you have family members without a camera I can also provide a magnifying glass for you to appreciate critters.
If you are in the Cairns region, please come along for an exploration of the usually unseen. I am the first to offer such a tour in the region and am excited to share this world with you.
During the Wet Season, I will focus mostly on the Fungi Kingdom, if this is of interest.
• Cairns Botanical Gardens, 1 Collins Ave, Queensland 4870 Australia
• Centenary Lakes - Cairns Botanic Gardens, 64 Collins Avenue Next to the Botanical Gardens, Edge Hill, Queensland 4870 Australia
Departure Point :Cairns Botanic Gardens, 78-96 Collins Ave, Edge Hill QLD 4870, Australia
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.