Levada do Caldeirão Verde Levada Walk from Funchal
A walk along some of the most remote places of the island is highly recommended. We shall walk through a waterfall and go through some small tunnels and then arrive at the incredible waterfall of Caldeirão Verde.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- A true fairy tale in a green paradise that starts in the Queimadas’ house. Until you reach the majestic waterfall, the path is remarkably green. Along the way you have a magnificent view over the village of São Jorge and the great mountains.
The water is always present along the walk. You can see the water gushing from the walls, flowing on the levada and falling from the sky on raining days. It’s a fantastic trail and safe all year long.
You will find some tunnels along the way so do not forget your flashlight and protect your head.
Arriving at Caldeirão Verde, immerse yourself by the breathtaking view of the huge waterfall falling on the cold and crystalline lagoon. Make a picnic before you go, while enjoying the relaxing sound of water falling.
Departure Point :Lido Tours - Madeira Tours and Walks, Lido, Shop 18, Estrada Monumental 284, 9000-100 Funchal, Portugal
Traveler pickup is offered
You'll receive an e-mail from our staff notifying you of the correct pickup time and location.Ports
- Port of Funchal, Av. Sá Carneiro 3, 9000-019 Funchal, Portugal
- Porto do Funchal, 9000 Funchal, Portugal
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Sports shoes with a good grip or hiking boots.
- Clients must be prepared for all situations due to changing weather conditions.
- If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- It's mandatory to arrange a small picnic to carry with you along the day (you won't find anywhere else to buy food during the walk)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We will keep 70% of the capacity of our vehicles and avoid mass tourism. Face masks are available for sale in our offices or please bring your own.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.