Liberty Station Food Tour
Travel back in time through this old military base headquarters known as Naval Training Center Liberty Station. See first hand the recreation of old military buildings which now make home to some of San Diego's most favorite restaurants while you enjoy 5+ tastings throughout NTC Liberty Station.
per adult from
What's included :
- 3-4 hour walking food tour
- 5+ food tastings
- Local, professional guide
- Tax & service fees included in final price
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food (extra menu items), unless specified
- Tour guide gratuities (optional)
- Transportation to/from tour
- Naval Training Center (NTC) at Liberty Station is one of San Diego's oldest military bases and now home to one of the best food scenes in San Diego. This legendary area, where scenes from Top Gun, Battle Cry, Here Comes the Navy and more were filmed, housed 1,500 to 33,000 troops at a time during pre and post-Cold War.
Start your tour with a nice afternoon sampling of tea and biscuits while you get an insider spiel on everything tea. Take a stroll along the San Diego Bay and hear about the only ship of its kind in existence, the USS Recruit. Shake out your sea legs and gear up for a sampling at San Diego's premier health food pioneers who feature a spread of their best recipes.
Gaze at the Spanish Colonial Revival style architecture while your tour guide explains how the same barracks the military used are being re-purposed today. Don't think we wouldn't take you to the SoCal staple, Slater's 50/50, where they serve a secret sampling of their local menu fav's.
Make your way to the final restaurant tasting at San Diego's best Italian restaurant and enjoy an array of flavors form their award winning Chef, Accursio Lota. Revel in the authentic Italian tastes and sights at the most iconic restaurants in Liberty Station.
Strap on your boots and round up the troops for the Bite San Diego Liberty Station walking tour!
Departure Point :The tour starts inside Liberty Station near the Command Center (Exact location provided upon purchase)
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :The tour will wrap up near the starting location. If you need directions returning to the starting location, please inform your tour guide.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 16 years
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- All children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is casual (remember this is a walking tour)
- Vegetarian options are available but not guaranteed, please advise at time of booking.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough attendees to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A maximum of 15 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.