Life of Beatrice Rothschild the Greek tradition and perfumes in Eze
Your guide will meet you at the agreed place in Cannes and that’s when you land in our caring hands for 7 following hours.
As this is a private tour, your schedule may vary as the whim takes you and the guide would be happy to respect all your preferences.
It’s not far from the Cannes, 30 minutes driving by the sea and you’ll get to Cap Ferrat, paradise peninsula where all the reach and famous have their properties. On a hill among them – there it is, the Villa and nine surrounding thematic gardens constructed and designed by Baroness Béatrice de Rothschild in 1912.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- • Extraordinary woman, coming from banker’s family art collector marked her life with these extraordinary facilities that attract thousands of visitors every year. This jewel of French heritage, luxurious, Venetian-style palazzo, on a 17-acres of land is administrated today by the Academy of Fine Arts. The nine gardens would reveal nine different styles: French, Florentine, Spanish, tropical, stone, Japanese, Provençal... Live playing symphony orchestra (summer months) and views over the bay of Bealieu would make you breathless.
• Next stop – nof far away at all, is the Beaulieu sur Mer and the its time vehicule – Villa Kerylos. Built in early 1900s by cousin of Madame Rothschild, it presents the way of living – to an extreme details – during the era of Greek Empire and its civilization. A real Greek noble house from the 2nd century – that is how it looks and impressions while visiting cannot be compared with anything else but simply a time travel. Today in the hands of Institute de France.
• Our next stop takes place in Eze Village – medieval old town perched on a rocky hill part of which would still remember the times of Roman Empire. Located as eagle’s nest – almost 430 m over sea level will get you back in time to XIII century and on. Narrow, picturesque streets and facades hidden in Mediterranean bushes and middle-ages architecture make Eze Village one of the most interesting spots in whole France and if you’d add splendid views from the exotic gardens arranged on a very top of it you will always remember the day you visited it. This is a place that can truly inspire as it actually did with Frederick Nietzsche – major German philosopher of XIX century who lived in Eze and influenced a lot the Western philosophy.
• When you’re still in Eze Village you can’t miss the opportunity of visiting the real French cosmetic manufacture – famous Fragonard. How do they make parfumes, who is the ‘nose’ and much more can be answered during free tour in English (or other language) and possibility of buying the scents at the factory prices makes the visit even more exciting.
• On our way back to Cannes you will drive by the one and only Promenade des Anglais – famous boulevard along the Bay of Angels, between the airport of Nice Cote d’Azur and its Port Lympia. With all the greatest hotels by, not to mention the majestic Negresco among them – a real pearl of belle-epoque archirecture. Shortly before leaving Nice you’ll see green and rocky Castle Hill with the waterfall on the top and the old citadelle overviewing the long pebble beach of Nice washed by incredibly ‘azur’ waters – unique view reserved to Nice only.
Departure Point :From Cannes or neighboring cities accommodation
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :At the end our guide would bring you back to the place you first met
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.