Lima & Machu Picchu Quick 5 Days
Explore the ancient cultural heritage of the Incan empire and enjoy the lush green scenic spots with this 5-day Lima and Machu Picchu Express. Your itinerary will include the magnificent scenic areas of areas that include Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, and of course the Peruvian capital of Lima. Experience the spectacular attractions around Peru and that allows you to explore the former “City of Kings” in magnificent splendor.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 4x Breakfast
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 4 nights
- Accommodation: 4 nights in hotels in Lima, Cusco and Aguas Calientes.
- All entrance fees and excursions mentioned in itinerary in Lima, Cusco, Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu
- Guided: by local quality English speaking guides.
- All transfers: airport, train station or bus station transfers.
- Train ticket: Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Cusco (Expedition Class).
- Meals: According mentioned in the itinerary (vegetarian or special diets are available).
- All ground transportation.
- 24-hour support by our local staff.
- Entry/Admission - Centro Historico de Lima
- Entry/Admission - Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu
- Entry/Admission - Centro Historico De Cusco
What's excluded :
- International and domestic flights.
- VISA procedures, travel insurance, pre and post tour accommodation.
- Other expenses of a personal nature (alcoholic beverages, laundry, etc.).
- Tips for guides, drivers and other staff.
- Guidance in other language (Germany, French, others).
- Anything not specified in the itinerary description.
- Entrance fee to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain.
Day 1: International Arrival Assistance
Stop At: Lima, Lima, Lima Region
Lima Airport Transfer: Arrive in Lima at any time. Our representative will be waiting for you at Lima airport with a customized sign with your name on it and private transfer to your hotel.
There are no planned activities, so check into the hotel and rest up.
Note: when booking your flight to Lima, try to arrive between 15:00pm to 10:00pm so that you have time to arrive in Lima, transfer to your hotel and have some rest before your Peru Tour next day.
Duration: 1 hour
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Overnight at the Hotel in Lima.
Day 2: Lima Colonial Walking Tour & Flight to Cusco
Stop At: Centro Historico de Lima, Plaza de Armas, Lima 15001 Peru
Breakfast at Hotel; pick up from your hotel at 09:00am and transfer to Lima historical center. We'll take you to a fascinating walking tour. We will show you Palaces and castles our city hides, we also going to take you to our great Saint Francisco Monastery and the impressive underground Catacombs!
Also we visit "The Main Square", Archbishop's Palace and the Municipal Palace, other great places you will visit are: the Train Station Palace, unique old fashioned "Cordano Bar", colorful mansion palaces, Jiron del Union Pathway, Post Office Palace, Dominicans tower, Historical Rimac Bridge and lovely surrounded wooden Balconies and the next big project in the City the Under river subway.
Our historical center is considered a World Heritage protected by the UNESCO; we will show you the Original Spain Mansion Palace and enjoy its great collection of 18th Century paintings, its impressive sculptures, wooden varandas, trendy gilded mirrors and great original terrace.
Around 12:30pm back to hotel – lunch on your own.
At 15:00pm pick up from your hotel and transfer to Lima airport to take to Cusco city.
Upon arrival to Cusco, reception and transfer to Hotel in Cusco.
Suggested flight schedule --- Lima (18:16pm) - Cusco (19:37pm)
Duration: 4 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight at the Hotel in Cusco.
Day 3: Tour to the Sacred Valley (Pisac and Ollantaytambo)
Stop At: Sacred Valley, Sacred Valley, Cusco Region
Breakfast at hotel - pick up from your hotel at 07:30am.
We then will then embark on a journey back in time to the Incan´s Sacred Valley beginning in Pisac, 31 km from Cusco. The ancient Incan archeological site and city is located on the top of a mountain. There you will have the chance to firsthand witness the impressive stonemasonry skill of our ancient ancestors.
Afterwards, you will go down into the quaint little town and wander through its colorful market where you can buy intricate, beautifully crafted locally hand-made products.
After this, lunch will be served at a local restaurant.
Then, you will continue to Ollantaytambo, a military, religious, and agricultural center of the Incas located at the top of a mountain. Note: unlike other small towns, this one has maintained its original Incan design including outstanding stone buildings and narrow streets. It was once used as a fortress and administrative and urban center.
Stop in Ollantaytambo from where we catch the train to Aguas Calientes. Then, you will be transferred to your hotel at around 20:45pm.
Expedition train --- Ollantaytambo (19:04pm) - Aguas Calientes (20:45pm)
Duration: 13 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight at the Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
Day 4: Visit to the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu & Back to Cusco
Stop At: Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu Peru
Breakfast at the hotel; around 06:00am you will ride a bus to Machu Picchu archeological site (2,430m/7,972ft) declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1983 and one of the New Seven Wonders of the World in 2007, the hilltop citadel deserved every bit of its fame.
Around 07:30am the guided tour begins, the guide will expertly direct you throughout the astounding ruins and its main streets. You can then wander around the town squares as well as climb the intricately carved stairways made of stone. Machu Picchu is considered to be the world’s spiritual center by esoteric wisdom. The guided tour takes around two hours.
From 10:00am to 12:00pm once the guided tour is over, you will have some free time to explore the citadel on your own.
From 12:30pm to 13:30pm take bus to Aguas Calientes.
From 13:30pm to 15:00pm take lunch on you own.
Return to Cusco: later board the train for the return trip to Cusco. You will stop at the Poroy station and then be picked up and driven to your hotel in Cusco, where you will arrive at 20:05pm.
Expedition train --- Aguas Calientes (15:20pm) – Cusco (19:05pm)
Duration: 16 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight at the Hotel in Cusco.
Day 5: Cusco Walking Tour and Flight to Lima
Stop At: Centro Historico De Cusco, Cusco 08002 Peru
Breakfast at hotel. Pick up from the hotel at 09:00am – walking tour will begin at Colourfull San Pedro market, there's probably no better market to experience Cusqueñan life. Enjoy a first-hand look at how local residents live day-to-day outside the postcard perfection of Cusco’s main square. The guide will explain the history of this market as you wander through the narrow aisles laden with colorful fabrics, meals, fruit juice, breads, crafts, shaman stalls, etc.
After we visit Cusco's main square, a busy and vibrant space that marks the colonial center of the city; which features wide stone pathways and well-kept colorful gardens.
Then we walked towards the street of Hatun Rumiyoc. The walls of the palace have a Snake and Puma on it. Moreover, there you can observe the well-known 12 angle stone which is a symbol of perfection in Incan Architecture.
After, we will head to the Temple of the Sun (Qorikancha) upon which the Convent of Santo Domingo has been built. Interesting fact: according to a legend, this temple was entirely gold plated which left many conquerors impressed with its magnificence when they came here!
Around 13:00pm back to hotel – lunch on your own.
At 15:00pm pick up from your hotel and transfer to Cusco airport. Take flight to Lima.
Suggested flight schedule --- Cusco (17:05pm) - Lima (18:37pm)
Duration: 4 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Our representative will meet you at Airport arrivals area, it will be holding a white board with yourname clearly marked.Airports
- J Chavez Intl Airport, Lima Peru
- Alejandro Velasco Astete Cusco International Airport (CUZ), Avenida Velasco Astete, Cusco 08006, Peru
Departure Time :4/15/2020 - 6/27/2022
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.