Lipica Stud Farm & Skocjan Caves - Small Group Tour from Trieste
Spend a day in Lipica Stud Farm, where you will experience the world of white Lipizzan horses, and visit the magnificent Škocjan Caves which are on UNESCO’s list of natural and cultural world heritage sites in a guided tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Skocjan Caves Park
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Trieste, Trieste, Province of Trieste, Friuli Venezia Giulia
Your guide will pick you up at the agreed starting point in Trieste, Italy - hotel, cruise terminal, bus station, train station etc. (please contact us after the booking so the appropriate arrangements can be made).
Stop At: Lipica, Lipica, Slovenian Littoral Region
The Lipica Stud Farm is one of the oldest stud farms in the world, and it represents the origin of the Lipizzan horse. In a unique natural environment, in the middle of fairy meadows and in the shade of oak and chestnut trees, you will find beautiful white horses which will certainly enchant you. Taking a walk on the stud farm estate is like traveling through history. The old manor house and the gracefulness of the Lipizzan horse will take you to the time when horse carriages were the most prominent way of transport. For more than 400 years the tradition of breeding these white horses has been preserved in the center of the unique Karst landscape which today represents one of the most beautiful natural and cultural monuments in Slovenia. On your trip, experience the world of the Lipizzan horse, walk through the stable, and visit the Lipikum Museum dedicated to various aspects of the stud and the Lipizzan breed.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Skocjan Caves Park, Matavun 12, Divaca 6215 Slovenia
Škocjan Caves is a cave system in Slovenia which together with the underground stream of the river Reka represents the most important natural phenomenon of the Karst region and one of the largest underground canyons in the world. Due to its exceptional significance, Škocjan Caves was entered on UNESCO’s list of natural and cultural world heritage sites in 1986. Its colorful underground world is adorned with giant stalactites, water rapids, and beautiful lakes. On your trip, view the world’s largest underground canyon and walk across the bridge which is situated 40 meters above the underground river. The panoramic view at the exit of the cave will certainly leave you speechless. At the end, visit the Škocjan Caves Regional Park, an open-air like museum, which is well-known for its ethnological, karstological, geological, and archaeological monuments, as well as for its natural and cultural heritage. Here the guests can walk through the park and enjoy the unspoiled nature.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- We pickup from any location in Trieste- After booking please advise supplier your pickup locationPorts
- Port of Trieste
Departure Time :11/4/2019 - 11/1/2021
10/13/2020 - 10/13/2020
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 07:00 PM Tuesday: 08:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Cruise Passengers must advise supplier as soon as possible: ship name, arrival time and departure time.
- Hotel Guests must advise supplier as soon as possible: hotel details or any other preferred pickup location,
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.