Lipica Stud Farm and Skocjan Caves Half Day Trip from Ljubljana
Walk through Europe’s largest underground canyon
The Skocjan Caves should be a Slovenian must. Moving through these majestic cave system you will find yourself walking into the land of the Lord of the Rings! Caves with amazing natural phenomena are a marvel straight out of Middle Earth.
After leaving this mysterious world relax in the company of the majestic white Lipizzaner horses. Visit a stud farm in Lipica, that gave Lipizzaner their name.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English speaking chauffeur guide
- Skocjan Cave guided walking tour
- Lipica stud farm guided tour
- Entry/Admission - Skocjan Caves Park
- Entry/Admission - Lipizzan Museum Lipikum
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Skocjan Caves Park, Matavun 12, Divaca 6215 Slovenia
Small group approach with carefully planned time, where experienced local tour operator’s chauffeur guide will collect you at designated location for an informative hourly ride to inner Slovenia to start your unique karst experience.
The Skocjan Caves are the most important underground phenomenon in the Karst and in 1986 were entered on UNESCO’s list of natural and cultural world heritage sites. The underground canyon of the river Reka that runs through the caves is so far the largest known in the World.
The Skocjan Caves consist of eleven caves. The exceptional character of the caves is mainly in its dimensions to which visitors are not left indifferent. The enormous underground spaces achieve their maximum dimension in Martel's Hall, which reached 146 m in height and has a width of 120 m!. A colorful mix of enormous stalactites, collapsed ravines, river canyons, natural bridges and limestone pools are examples of outstanding natural beauty. To stand on the natural bridge with breathtaking sites and views and look at the big river disappearing underground on the bottom of the Great Valley, 160 meters below the surface, is both majestic and frightening.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Lipizzan Museum Lipikum, Lipica 5, Lipica 6210 Slovenia
After leaving Tolkien's Mines of Moria you will definitely enjoy the peace and quiet of the natural environment of the Stud Farm of Lipica whose development is based on breeding thoroughbred horses – the Lipizzaners, white horses that have been bred at Lipica farm for more than 400 years. The adult Lipizzaner is characteristically white, but the foals are brown, reddish or grey; they turn white only after six to ten years.
Take a guided tour of the stud farm and its estate and visit these magnificent horses in their stables. But the most impressive image for the most of the visitors will be the image of mares with foals at pastures.
After a nice half day experience we will return back to Ljubljana.
Drop off will be at same location as pick up.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Upper Carniola Region
Traveler pickup is offered
All tours: 1. Depart from CITY HOTEL, Dalmatinova 15, Ljubljana2. Are offered complimentary pick up to all accommodation types (Hotel/Hostel/App) within Ljubljana ring or with post number 1000 Ljubljana3. Clients with hotels within pedestrian zone will be redirected to the nearest possible pick up point.4. Complimentary pick up is offered and will be executed only:!If FULL ACCOMMODATION ADDRESS will be provided! Departure point & exact hotel pick up will be reconfirmed to you within 24-48h before the tour with reconfirmation email.
Departure Time :1:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You will have a moderate amount on walking on uneven surface
- There is a constant temperature in Skocjan Cave, approximetely 12C / 55F
- At the time of booking please provide a full international mobile telephone number or accommodation telephone number where you can be reached before and on your travel date.
- A minimum of 4 people per tour is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- We are communicating with our clients exclusively through the point of booking, in this case TripAdvisor Interface
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.