Lisbon From the 1755 Tsunami to the Age of Tourism - Private walking tour
Step back in time and learn about Portugal’s maritime history during this walking tour of Lisbon’s Ribeira district. Once the headquarters of the Portuguese Maritime Empire, today Ribeira is the center of an urban renewal plan bringing new life to the area. Walk along the river, visit the Praça do Comércio (Commerce Square), and visit historical landmarks noting the neighborhood’s rich past.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Professional photographer guide
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Meet up with a knowledgeable local guide and set off on foot through Ribeira, one of Lisbon’s fastest evolving neighborhoods. Once the headquarters of the Portuguese Maritime Empire, Ribeira is now the focus of an ambitious and sometimes controversial urban renewal plan.
Stroll along the Tagus River and stop at historical landmarks along the way. Visit the Praça do Comércio (Commerce Square) and see the place where everything from animal processions to public executions took place.
Destroyed by the powerful 1755 earthquake, Ribeira has been a place of constant evolution, which is visible when walking the streets today. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to see an off-the-beaten-track part of the city and learn about key historical moments at the same time.
Departure Point :Terreiro do Paço, 1100-278 Lisbon, Portugal
Return Detail :1: Praça do Município, Lisboa, Portugal
2: R. S. Paulo, 1200-161 Lisbon, Portugal
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.