Lisbon Northern Region Wine Tasting Private Tour
Immerse yourself in the flavours of Lisbon’s Northern Wine Region, in this private wine tasting tour. Travel to two historic parishes and their wineries, sampling their locally produced wines. In addition, taste the distinct flavours of local grape varieties and enjoy samplings of olive oil and traditional bread as well.
Being a private tour, participants will be just you (your group) and your guide.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up and drop off at a hotel/Airbnb in Lisbon or from cruise port;
- Private tour with Professional guide. Participants will be you and your guide;
- Transportation by private air-conditioned car/van;
- 9 Wines in total in the two cellars you will visit;
- Taste traditional olive oil and local made bread;
- Entrance fees to all the wineries and their visits;
- Guaranteed to skip ticket lines.
- Entry/Admission - Manzwine
- Entry/Admission - Quinta da Murta
What's excluded :
- Lunch and any other items not mentioned in the description.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Estatua do Marques de Pombal, Estacao de Metro do Marques de Pombal Praca Marques de Pombal, Lisbon 1250-161 Portugal
Following a pick-up from your hotel or the cruise ship terminal in Lisbon, drive to Cheleiros, and leave the city behind for a scenic landscape of grape vines and farm fields.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Manzwine, Largo da Praca 8-A, Mafra 2640-160 Portugal
Discover an old parish that dates back to the 14th century. Hear about some of the prehistoric communities and past civilizations that used to live in this village. Then, taste some of the regional wines, such as those produced by the small producer, ManzWines.
In order to restore wine activity to the region, the ManzWines family use traditional Portuguese grape varieties, such as the unique Jampal grapes that produce a white wine thought to be extinct. Taste 6 different wines from regions that range from Lisbon to the Douro and Península de Setúbal, and sample local olive oils and traditional bread along the way.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Quinta da Murta, Estr. Velha do Boição 300, 2670-632 2670, 2670 Bucelas, Portugal
Continue to the Quinta da Murta in Bucelas, to discover the “Prince of Portuguese Wine.” Savor the famous dry white wine produced from the Arinto grape, 1st introduced to the region by the Romans over 2,000 years ago. For many centuries, it was the only white wine produced in Portugal. Taste 3 different wines from this region as you hear how the Portuguese sailors of Vasco de Gama’s flagship “São Gabriel” enjoyed a great Bucelas wine following their return to Lisbon after discovering the trade routes to India.
Take advantage of this private tour visiting historic sites, strolling the vineyards or just soaking up the country charm of Portugal’s rural towns. Finish the day with return transfer to your Lisbon hotel or port.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Palacio Nacional de Mafra, Terreiro D. Joao v, Mafra 2640-492 Portugal
Time permitting, you might pass by the small town of Mafra. To have a bite and see the biggest palace of Portugal, from the outside.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Guide. The meeting point will be at your hotel or accommodation, or your Guide will meet you at a convenient location close to your hotel or accommodation.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Be sure to bring comfortable shoes, sunscreen, and a camera;
- At time of booking, hotel/Airbnb etc. clients must provide the following information at time of booking: hotel name and address;
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, disembarkation time and re-boarding time;
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- When inside the vehicles, it is mandatory for travelers and guide to wear face masks. It is not allowed to smoke, eat and drink inside the vehicles.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.