Litchfield National Park Waterfalls Day Trip From Darwin Including Termite Mounds and Lunch
A beautiful wilderness exists just an hour out of Darwin offering plenty of activity for adventurous travelers as well as a relaxing escape for those just wanting to get out of the city. Litchfield National Park is 1500-square kilometers of waterfalls, stunning landscape and Top End flora and fauna. This 1-day tour to Litchfield National Park gives you an insight into the history of Darwin and its surrounds as well as the chance to swim and hang out at some of best waterfalls the park has to offer. You can learn about the endemic flora and fauna with your guide and spot some of the local wildlife that makes Litchfield their home.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- National Park fees
- Professional driver/guide
- All activities
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Litchfield National Park
- Entry/Admission - Charles Darwin National Park
What's excluded :
- Water is provided on board however all other drinks are to be purchased
- Pickups from Darwin based accommodation start at 7am before the group begins the journey out of Darwin.
Your first stop is Charles Darwin National Park where you can enjoy a great view of Darwin's sun rise as you look back over the city. You’ll learn all about the city’s history and visit the old ammunition storage bunkers used in World War II.
Continue driving south passing through Batchelor, an old uranium mining town, before arriving in Litchfield National Park. Stop at the intriguing Magnetic and Cathedral termite mounds; you’ll be able to see how the Magnetic termites align their mound with the magnetic north and observe the Cathedral termites known for building the largest mounds in the world.
Then, put on your swimmers and head to the beautiful Florence Falls as well as Buley Rockhole for a refreshing swim and some lunch. Your final stop is Wangi Falls for one last swim before making the journey back to Darwin.
Departure Point :Your accommodation or Mitchell Street, Darwin CBD
Departure Time :12:00 AM
Return Detail :Your accommodation or Mitchell Street, Darwin CBD
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.