Little Africa And The City Of Samba: Where Dreams Come True
Visit the most typical places of the first African cultural manifestations in the Americas. Take a new look at the two cultures, African and European, and its legacy in the arts, cuisine, dance and music, highlighting the Carnival.
• Visit the City of Samba, or City of Dreams, an area where the Samba Schools develop the floats that will parade in the Sambodrome
• Understand how celebrations of Catholic and African merged its cultural manifestations and producing the most famous Carnival in the world.
• Visit the current region of the Port, which for decades received thousands of Africans from different ethnic groups, nations, and cultures.
• Visit Pedra do Sal (Salt Stone), where the Community of Remnants of Quilombos is located and considered as Cultural Heritage.
• Get to know Valongo Wharf, the largest African point of entry in the Americas. It has been submitted to UNESCO to become World Heritage.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Instituto de Pesquisa e Memoria Pretos Novos - IPN
- Entry/Admission - Cidade Do Samba
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pedra do Sal, Largo Joao da Baiana Saude, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20081-120 Brazil
This local is considered Little Africa, one of the places in Rio where the samba was born.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Cais do Valongo, Avenida Barao de Tefe Saude, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20220-460 Brazil
Considered by UNESCO Human Heritage due to its importance to understanding the influence African culture in the Americas
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Instituto de Pesquisa e Memoria Pretos Novos - IPN, Rua Pedro Ernesto 36, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20220-350 Brazil
Visiting the cemetery of new blacks, watching a video describing the history of the arriving the Africans in America
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Cidade Do Samba, Rua Rivadavia Correia 60 Gamboa, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20220-290 Brazil
The place with twelve pavilions where main samba schools prepare its floats for the carnival parade at the Sambadrome
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Av. Atlântica, 1702 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22021-001, Brazil
Traveler pickup is offered
Note: Upon request, by a message, we can pick you up and drop you off at your lodging location, including port Cruise, within a 15 km radius of the Meeting Point: Hotel Copacabana Palace, Av. Atlântica, 1702, CEP 22021 001, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro.The local supplier will confirm the exact time of your hotel pick-up by Phone or email.Ports
- Rio de Janeiro
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We follow the rules of the Health Ministry and the Wolrd Health Organization.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.