Liverpool History and Culture Audio Tour: Rock out along the River Mersey
This self guided audio tour will take you on a winding path through Liverpool city centre where you will discover much of its fascinating history and culture.
Described as one of the finest neo-classical buildings in the world, you’ll start at Liverpool’s magnificent St George’s Hall. From there you enter the city centre to follow the trail of the ancient pool. Here you will learn of the controversial reasons behind the transformation of Liverpool from a tiny fishing village into one of the world’s greatest seaports.
You’ll get answers to some fascinating questions along the way too, including:
• Why are more than 100 Frenchmen buried in the city centre’s most beautiful gardens?
• Why is Liverpool called Liverpool?
• Why is the Cavern Club not the Cavern Club? (You did read that right)
• What happened to Liverpool Castle?
per adult from
45 to 60 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: St George's Hall, Liverpool L1 1JJ, UK
The tour starts at St George's Hall.
Pass By: Liverpool Central Library, Central Library William Brown Street, Liverpool L3 8EW England
The tour passes by the Central Library.
Pass By: National Museums Liverpool, 127 Dale St, Liverpool L2 2JH, UK
The tour passes by the National Museum.
Pass By: St Johns Garden, Liverpool L1 1HF, UK
The tour passes by St John's Garden.
Pass By: The Hillsborough Monument Memorial, Old Haymarket, Liverpool L1 6ER, UK
The tour stops briefly at the Hillsborough Memorial.
Pass By: The Cavern Club, 10 Mathew Street, Liverpool L2 6RE England
The tour passes by the Cavern Club.
Pass By: Queen Victoria Monument, 1 Derby Square, Liverpool L2 1AB England
The tour stops briefly at the Queen Victoria Monument.
Pass By: Exchange Flags, Liverpool L2 3YL England
The tour stops briefly at Exchange Flags.
Pass By: Beatles Statue, Pier Head, Liverpool L3 1BY England
The tour stops briefly at the Beatles Statue.
Pass By: Museum of Liverpool, Pier Head, Liverpool L3 1DG England
The tour ends outside the Museum of Liverpool.
Departure Point :St George's Hall, Liverpool L1 1JJ, UK
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/10/2020 - 7/31/2022
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Museum of Liverpool, Pier Head, Liverpool Waterfront, Liverpool L3 1DG, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others."
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.