Living History Walk: Bogalazay and around
Bogalazay street looks out over the iconic Secretariat, once the political heart of Yangon and the site of important moments in Myanmar’s history. The street is more than it’s view. It is one of the rare blocks in Yangon in which many of the colonial buildings are still standing. Today it is home to a range of family stores, hip restaurants and community spaces. It’s the perfect backdrop to tell the story of this ever changing city and its unique street life.
Why walk with us?
We offer a unique option to understand how Yangon really ticks. You’ll not only learn about the city as it is today but also see how history informs the present and glimpse what the future holds. We’re a group of passionate experts who understand that it’s the people who make this city so special. We’re working hard to build on the amazing assets that already exist. You’ll have fun, learn the big picture, and see the small quirks. Then the proceeds will be used to support our impactful work throughout the city
per adult from
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Our tour begins at our office on 41st street. Here we will introduce you to our story and work. On our way to the first Alley Garden, we peek into the local recycling shop, where trash becomes treasure.
Departure Point :41st Street, 41st St, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.