Livingstone Island and Devil's Pool Walking Safari
Your adventure begins at the Victoria Falls park entrance on the Zambian side where you will meet your guide. Your walk will begin along the edge of Victoria Falls on the Zambian side. This is a truly stunning walk that gives you plenty of time to snap stunning photos. After the walk your guide will take you to explore Livingstone Island after which you will have the opportunity to swim in Devil's Pool at the edge of the mighty Victoria Falls. After finishing the swim your guide will take you back to the Park Entrance to end the activity. Note that you have the opportunity to stay in the Park and walk back at your own leisure.
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Guided swimming in Devils Pool and tour of Livingstone Island
- Small-group tour (Maximum 8 people per group)
- David Livingston Island Tour
What's excluded :
- Park Entrance fees (US$20 for internationals) needs to be paid in cash.
- Hotel pickups and drop off's (This can be arranged for US$10 per person for a return transfer within Victoria Falls town. Please get in contact with us if you are located outside of Victoria Falls town.
- Price does not include visas into Zambia or back into Zimbabwe. Please ensure you have a multi-entry visa back into Zimbabwe and check that you will be eligible for a visa into Zambia at the border post.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
- See Victoria Falls and Livingstone Island by walking from the Victoria falls Park entrance on the Zambian Side. Before the tour begins you will be given a briefing, on the safety and border crossing. (Please note that visas are your responsibility but we will endeavour to make this process as easy as possible). Please ensure that you put your correct name, email, and hotel or phone number for your local guide to get in contact with you to organise this briefing. Preferable a day before your activity starts.
Once you arrive at the Park Entrance on the Zambian side you will be met by your local guide. Here you will sign waiver forms and pay the Park Entrance fees. After this process your walk will begin which takes you along the edge of the falls and puts you up close and personal with “The Smoke that Thunders”! The walk is relatively easy but a reasonable level of fitness is required. Upon arrival at David Livingston Island your guide will take you first to the eastern side to view Rainbow Falls and the Horseshoe. From there, you will go to the island’s western side to see the Main Falls, where you’ll enjoy the magnificent water torrent gushing over the basalt edge of the falls. This unique view of Victoria Falls offers a perspective completely different from that of the Zimbabwean side of the canyon. As the sun hits the mist rising from the falls, expect to see stunning rainbows.
If you’re comfortable, you will now have the chance to swim Devil's Pool. Your guide will lead you as you swim upstream in a slow current. (Don't worry; there is a rope in place for safety.) Sit at the edge of the fall’s and Devils Pool, gazing at Victoria Falls, as immense water torrents just a few feet away. If you brought your camera, be sure to ask your guides to take photos and videos of you while you enjoy this natural beauty.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Our driver will pick you up at your Hotel Lobby
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age recommendation is 8 years
- Please note: if Devil's Pools is not available due to high water, Angels Pools will be visited instead
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.