Livorno Private Shore Excursion to Pietrasanta and the Carrara Marble Quarries
Customised shore excursion from the port of Livorno exploring the Carrara marble quarries, the sculpture town of Pietrasanta and a Colli di Luni Vermentino wine tasting for the discerning traveller seeking an authentic Italian experience on a small group tour with only the very best of English speaking driver guides. Discover Italy 'close up' in a Mercedes minivan of up to 7 - 8 people that takes you into the very heart of this incredible artistic area. Get the most of your time ashore to explore the chic resort of Pietrasanta and follow in the footsteps of great artists such as Michelangelo.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- 4x4 Marble Tour or Quarry Tour
- Wine Tasting
- Some art studios may charge a small entry fee
- Entry/Admission - Marble Caves of Carrara
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pietrasanta, Pietrasanta, Province of Lucca, Tuscany
Enjoy the pleasant hour's drive to Pietrasanta; an old town of Roman origins rich in sculpting traditions and filled with workshops frequented by artists from all over the world. Visit the Bozzetti Sculpture Museum and get an insight into how artists make the marble come to life in a busy working artists studio (some studios may request a small entry fee). You may enjoy an Italian coffee in the Piazza del Duomo before travelling on to Carrara.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Marble Caves of Carrara, Viale Xx Settembre, 54033, Carrara Italy
An immense cultural and historical patrimony, these mountains were first exploited by Julius Caesar and have supplied artists from Michelangelo to Henry Moore. Choose from 2 tours. Visit the inside of a working quarry (10euro per person) where you are taken into the heart of the Apuan Alps to discover a marble cathedral carved deep inside the mountain. This is still an active quarry with working machinery and once inside you will see first-hand how marble is cut Or you may wish to join a 4x4 guided tour (10euro per person) travelling through a network of 30 open-air active quarries arriving at an altitude of almost 1000m above sea level. Here, the scenery is almost lunar with spectacular views across the sea. Your tour guide will tell you about methods and stages of excavation, from cutting to loading huge marble blocks on top of the trucks right in front of your eyes. It was here where the James Bond chase scene was filmed in Quantum of Solace.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Colonnata, Colonnata, Province of Massa Carrara, Tuscany
The perfect stop to enjoy lunch is in quarryman's village of Colonnata, renowned for its lard cured in huge marble vats.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Livorno Imbarco Traghetti Moby Lines, Via Guido Donegani, 57100 Livorno LI, Italy
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- This tour is priced by the group
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- As we look forward to welcoming travelers back to Italy we would like to assure you that your health and safety is paramount. Each vehicle is used solely and exclusively for your private group and is sanitized at the end of every service. Face masks, gloves, hand sanitizer and tissues are provided.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.