Ljubljana and Bled Lake - small group - day tour from Zagreb
Starting at 8:30am in Zagreb, this 13-hour day tour will take you to both Ljubljana and Bled Island. In Ljubljana, you will see many different forms of architecture from Baroque, Art Nouveau and modern 20th century all fitting in harmony with each other. You will learn about the culture of the area from your guide, as well as some free time to do your own exploring. Meals are not included in the price. Afterward, we'll take you to Bled Island, where you will see the beautiful and iconic castle both from the inside and out. (The boat ride and entrance to the castle are also not included in the price.) Bled Island has a lot to offer, and you will have free time here to do your own exploration before heading back to Zagreb.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide, professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from Central Hotels in Zagreb
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan (8+1)
- infant and booster seats available FOC
- Fuel surcharge
- Landing and facility fees
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees: Bled Castle: 11 €/person, Pletna boat ride: 14 €/person,
- Meals and personal expenses
- Beginning with your hotel pickup in Zagreb at 8am, you will depart the city and ride on a 1.5 hour long drive to Ljubljana, the capital of Slovenia. Upon arrival, you will be shown the old city center of Ljubljana, which has a unique architectural appearance, particularly due to a harmonious combination of Baroque, Art Nouveau and architectural masterpieces of the 20th century Joze Plecnik.
You will get to know local lore and daily life: why the Triple Bridge is actually triple, where locals buy food, how Napoleon was one of the most popular politicians, why Slovenia really lives with LOVE in its name, and more. After the tour you will most likely feel like one of the locals rather than just on a friendly visit. After city tour with your professional guide, you will have an hour of free time to explore hidden spots of beautiful city by the river. Lunch is not included in the price.
Next on the tour, and just 45 minutes north of Ljubljana, lies the magical Alpine resort of Bled with its magical lake. (The boat ride and entrance to the castle are also not included in the price.) Ascend the old castle perched on top of a steep cliff above the lake. Take time to enjoy spectacular views of the surroundings from the castle's terraces. A boat ride with ‘Pletna’ (a traditional boat made by locals) is mandatory when visiting Bled. Reach the only true island in Slovenia, ring the ‘fortune bell’ and soak up the sun, peace and fresh mountain air.
After visiting the Bled highlights you will have some more free time to enjoy the tranquility of your new favorite Slovenian spot. Afterward, you will then drive back to Zagreb, where we arrive in evening hours (8pm-9pm).
Departure Point :Zrinjevac 2, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia
Traveler pickup is offered
We can arrange to pick up from all Central Hotels in Zagreb. You will receive an email one day prior to the trip if you have a Hotel Pick up with your pick up time.It is possible for the guide to be up to 10 minutes late because of multiple pick up locations and traffic.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- To reach Slovenia we will have to cross the border. Bring your documents with you.
- *Slovenia is inside of the Schengen Area so make sure that you have a visa or that you are a citizen of a country that is on the list of Visa-free regime
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Vehicles equipped with hand and surface disinfectant, tissues, bin and social distancing and behavioral adjustment guidelines. Guests are asked to disinfect hands before each entry, vehicles are thoroughly disinfected after each trip or each guests change. Driver wears mask while inside the vehicle.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.