Local Charm Unveiled at Pakkoku
Pakkoku is one of Myanmar’s best kept secrets, filled with untrodden paths and human encounters of the friendly kind. From unique arts and crafts to a colourful market and pagodas with jaw-dropping Irrawaddy vistas, you have no idea what’s in store.
• A unique view on what lies outside stunning Bagan
• Explore the colours and scents of unspoilt Pakkoku
• Sail leisurely downstream over the Irrawaddy back to Bagan
• Get up and close with generations-preserved crafts
• Enjoy a simple, yet delicious lunch at a local restaurant
per adult from
9 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A full-day tour with a professional English-speaking guide
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
- One way boat ride from Pakkoku to Bagan’s Ayeyar Jetty
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Lunch at a local restaurant is included (food only)
What's excluded :
- Bagan Archaeological zone fees
- All entrance and donation fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- Personal expenses such as drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- Entry/Admission - Moe Kaung Kin
- Entry/Admission - Shwe Moke Daw Pagoda ရွှေမုဋ္ဌောဘုရား
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Irrawaddy River, Myanmar (Burma)
Your day away for a break from the temples of Bagan starts with a transfer from your hotel to our exploratory grounds for the day. The short ride from either Old or New Bagan to the satellite town of Bagan moves through a slowly wakening up Myanmar, ready to welcome another day. Destined to leave visitors in awe, with new photo-genetic moments around every bend in the road, the path towards this chapter of authentic trailing cannot take off in a better way. Upon arrival, we follow the contours of the river banks along the eastern side of the Irrawaddy before taking the final turn towards Pakkoku.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Moe Kaung Kin, Pakokku, Myanmar (Burma)
Unhurried with a healthy dose of authenticity flows throughout this part of Myanmar’s Magway region. Nothing beats a local breakfast, and the one at Moe Kaung Kin’s tea shop is a refreshing stop after a great start of the day.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Pakokku, Myanmar (Burma)
The morning is reserved gaining an insight into the thriving industries, still present in Pakkoku. Home-based businesses lined up the streets with tin smiths, slipper makers and meeting avid traders at the Thanaka market making a living in selling fresh fruit and vegetables, household good and more. The best way to meet the locals on their home turf is simply walked from place to place with your camera at the ready. Your guide for the day will explain how life has not changed much here over the past decennia.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Shwe Moke Daw Pagoda ရွှေမုဋ္ဌောဘုရား, Pakokku, Myanmar (Burma)
A great viewing point is right next to the Shwe Muddaw Pagoda, worth the walk and located right along the Irrawaddy. Lunch is included during this day.
It is time to head back to Bagan and with the river right in front of us, what better means than to sail downstream for the next 2 hours to Bagan’s jetty an a short transfer to your hotel.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located in Old and New Bagan hotels. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Old and New Bagan. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Mount Popa, river cruise ports and Bagan’s Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- Part of this excursion includes walking over unpaved roads and paths. This may not suit guests with walking issues. Bear in mind that such paths may turn slippery / muddy after a rain shower.
- We suggest wearing good walking shoes, preferred closed shoes, when booking this tour. We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Due to the absence of ATM machines and credit cards payment portals, particularly on islands and inside nature reserves, we highly recommend to bring sufficient cash with you.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Sand, dust and water have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.