Local Markets & Food History Small-Group Tour
Different trendy local latino atmospheres, non touristy barrios, colorful streets, safe street food and lots of tasty local food!
Recommended for families. Come and discover the roots of the peruvian cuisine, which is a backbone of our country!
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (hotels in Barranco, Miraflores, San Isidro only)
- Professional guide
- Local Snacks
- We recommend you do not eat much before your tour because you will try numerous types of food, snacks and drinks. If you have any dietary restrictions, please let us know when you book your tour with us
- Entry/Admission - Market
- Entry/Admission - Santiago de Surco
- Entry/Admission - Barranco
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Market, Lima 15047, Peru
we will take you to visit these fabulous markets locals love! maybe because its exotic fruits and veggies or maybe its fresh products and fish, there is everything in here!
The idea is to make you be part of us knowing, learning and TASTING local snacks and meals the same food what locals love!
Is good to know this is a regular South American local place which is not perfect but colorful and nice enough for us the locals, is also a good idea to be open minded then you will understand more little things and for sure enjoy more remember is a highlight tour in the city.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Santiago de Surco, Lima 15023 Peru
we will visit the sourroundings of this colorful market pretty crowded with friendly/exotic locals, we of course will visit the market inside too but not only that we will taste few of the most favourites snacks locals die to eat (almost everyday)
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Barranco, Lima Peru
the most bohemian neighbourhood in Lima city, famous because its trendy art street and "happy people". Even your tour is about food we think is a good idea to take you to this artistic place favourite by locals where through a short walking tour you lso can enjoy the local taste for art, see xix century architecture and enjoy this place plus move a bit after eating extra is good idea to walk a bit to burn some calories:)
Because we looove eat and looooove dessert we cannot stop ourselves to including you the tasties dessert peruvians love "Picarones", we chosen a place on the cliffs in front of the ocean were you can seat and enjoy your day finishing with this sweet local sweet:)
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :1: Haku Tours: (Local Life Experience & Peru's Top Authentic Food Tours), Oficina 711, Calle Porta 170, Miraflores 15074, Peru
2: Barranco, Peru
3: San Isidro, Peru
4: Miraflores, Peru
Traveler pickup is offered
All our prices included pick up and drop off to your hotel or Apartament only when is located in: Barranco, Miraflores and San Isidro. Outside these places, you have to pay a small fee for your pick up/drop off.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- All our prices included pick up and drop off to your hotel only when your hotel is located in: Miraflores, San Isidro and Barranco. Outside these places, you have to pay a small fee for your pick up/drop off, this extra payment should be in cash. The options to pay are US Dollars or Local Currency or both, at should be paid at the end of your tour to your tour guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Dear customers, you all are welcome to take our food tour but in case you are suffering and health problem then please ask your doctor if its ok for you to take the tour or not, please remember you are the only one responsable about your desicion. The tour experience is amaizing the local food fantastic and great your tour guide and people around but still please think well your desicions, we all just want you enjoy and be so happy with us.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.