Lonely Planet Experience: Traditional Tea Ceremony with Tea Master
Drinking tea is an essential business in Korea – it’s said to be an act of self-care that restores harmony amid life’s chaos. And there’s no better way to experience it than by stepping away from the buzz of modern Seoul for a peaceful hour at a traditional tea ceremony. This age-old event has been part of Korean culture for hundreds of years, and now you can play your part in this living tradition thanks to this private tour!
During this hour-long experience at a traditional tea house, you’ll be accompanied by your expert local host, trained by the Korean Tea Institute. They’ll talk you through the ancient etiquette and happily answer all your questions. This is no ordinary cup of tea, of course – you’ll be treated to the unique tastes and scents of two classic Korean teas.
Every Lonely Planet Experience also comes with six months' free access to Lonely Planet's Guides app, which includes over 8,000 destination guides, and unbeatable discounts in the Lonely Planet store.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea - 2 different teas from tea selection from Korean Green Tea, Pu-erh Enzyme Tea and Oolong Tea
- Snacks - Songpyeon (Korean traditional rice snack)
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and beverages not listed as inclusions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art Seoul, 30, Samcheong-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul 03062 South Korea
Experience the ancient ritual of the traditional tea ceremony, with two teas, snacks, and the knowledge of your private tea master close to this beautiful museum!
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Stop At: Bukchon Hanok Village, 37, Gyedong-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul 03059 South Korea
Opposite the tea house are more fabulous attractions and places to eat – take this chance to pick up local tips from your friendly hosts!
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Anguk Station, Jongno 1(il).2(i).3(sam).4(sa), Seoul, South Korea
Return Detail :Bukchon Hanok Village, South Korea, Seoul, Jongno-gu, Gahoe-dong, 계동길 37
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Curated by Lonely Planet, powered by Withlocals
- This experiences is carbon neutral
- This experience is guided by local experts
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.