Lonely Planet Experiences: Buda Castle Tour Including Ticket to Matthias Church
Experience the best travel stories for yourself! Join a local expert and uncover hidden gems on this Lonely Planet Experience powered by Urban Adventures. Discover the secrets behind Budapest’s iconic landmarks, with a local. Admire the Parliament building and the view of the waterfront from the top of Castle Hill. Forget about the bustling city and lose yourself in the history of the winding streets of Castle District, which dates back to the 13th century. Soak up the atmosphere of a beloved mid-19th century local pastry shop. This small group tour is limited to maximum 12 guests.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- Transportation as indicated
- A small sample of local food specialities
- Entrance ticket to Matthias Church
- Entry/Admission - Matthias Church
What's excluded :
- Items of a personal nature
- Food, drinks
- Tips / gratuities for your guide
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Becsi Kapu Square, Becsi kapu ter, Budapest 1014 Hungary
We will pass by the building of the National archives to see it from the outside.
Pass By: Church of Saint Mary Magdalene, Budapest, Kapisztrán tér 6, 1014 Hungary
We will also pass by the ruins of this old church and the garden of the church.
Stop At: Matthias Church, Szentharomsag ter 2, Budapest 1014 Hungary
During the tour we will visit inside Matthias Chruch, known as one of the finest churches in Budapest.
The residential area of the Castle District: We will explore the residential area of the Castle District, including gardens and small streets of the back of the district.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Koller Gallery, Tancsics Mihaly utca 5 1014, Budapest 1014 Hungary
At Koller Gallery we will visit the courtyard of the gallery and hear the story behind it.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Fisherman's Bastion, Budapest, Szentháromság tér, 1014 Hungary
We will also see the Fisherman's Bastion, which offers a nice view of the Pest side of the river.
We will then make a stop at a small local coffee shop.
Departure Point :Budapest, Széll Kálmán tér, 1024 Hungary
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Budapest, Szentháromság tér 2, 1014 Hungary
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress standard: Standard dress, comfortable walking shoes
- Child Policy: This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page
- This trip is offered on a "join-in" basis. Maximum group size is 12
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour: Your tour fully takes place in an area that is under the protection of UNESCO.
- This tour helps preserve local culture, as your tour price includes an admission fee to Matthias Church.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognizes companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.