Lonely Planet Experiences: Istanbul Sightseeing Street Food Tour with a Picnic
Experience the best travel stories for yourself! Join a local expert and uncover hidden gems on this Lonely Planet Experience powered by Urban Adventures.
Discover Istanbul’s tantalizing street eats on a 3.5-hour tour of the city’s street food scene! Led by a food-loving guide, visit the Spice Bazaar to try local delicacies such as ‘pastirma,’ Turkish cheeses and other treats. Then, cross the continents on a ferry to Üsküdar on Istanbul’s Asian side. Stroll along the waterfront, and enjoy Turkish delight and a traditional tea or yogurt drink as you admire views of the Maiden’s Tower, before returning to the European side. Numbers are limited to 12 on this small-group tour for a personalized experience.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide
- Market stall samples
- One-way ferry ride to Üsküdar
- Turkish tea or yogurt drink and Turkish delight
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Meet your guide near Istanbul’s Spice Bazaar, and start your street food tour with a stroll around the impressive foodie market. Discover the stalls that are true local favorites and run your tastebuds past delicacies such as pastirma, artisan cheeses and some of the finest Turkish delight from a long-established sweet maker. While exploring and chatting with the friendly traders, your guide will buy delicious treats for you to sample on the next leg of your tour — your visit to Istanbul’s Asian side. Foods bought will vary on the season, but expect to dig into delicacies such as pastirma, olives, halva (a sweet made with sesame flour and honey), simit (bagel-like bread with toasted sesame seeds) and traditional Turkish cheeses.
Leave the bazaar and walk to nearby Eminönü Port on the Bosphorus. Here, catch a ferry to Üsküdar on Istanbul’s Asian shore, enjoying the views as you travel between the two continents of Europe and Asia.
On arrival, stroll along Üsküdar’s waterfront past cafés and mosques, and follow your guide to a traditional tea shop with panoramic views of the Bosphorus and Maiden’s Tower, the medieval tower that rises from the water. Absorb the setting as you enjoy some Turkish delight and a traditional Turkish tea or yogurt drink, and chat to your guide about the country’s culinary culinary culture and traditions.
After relaxing with great refreshments and conversation, take the metro back to Eminönü Port, where your tour finishes. Return to your hotel with directions from your guide, or, if you wish to enjoy the evening in the city center, ask your guide for insider tips on where to go.
Departure Point :Mısır Çarşısı, Rüstem Paşa, Erzak Ambarı Sok. No:92, 34116 Fatih/İstanbul, Turkey
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Eminonu ferry to Uskudar, Golden Horn, Turkey
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.