Lonely Planet Experiences: Private Discover Mexico City With A Local Guide
Experience the best travel stories for yourself! Join a local expert and uncover hidden gems on this city adventure hand-picked by the world’s leading travel publisher. Lonely Planet Experiences powered by Intrepid Urban Adventures bring stories to life in the best-loved cities around the globe. Take a trip through time, covering 700 years in one day! From Aztecs to art, you’ll uncover little-known facts on this full-day tour, and explore the past, present, and future of the biggest city in the Americas.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- Public transportation
- Samples of local products
What's excluded :
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Palacio de Bellas Artes
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
You’ll then jump through time into the conquest years, as you explore city streets and visit one of the most important buildings from the colonial period. You will learn how native traditions changed, and how the Aztec gods were replaced by a new religion previously unknown to the locals in this land.
From there, you’ll skip from colonial times into modern-day Mexico City, and travel like a local, riding the subway to a community market. Along the way, your guide will share with you some facts about public transit in one of the biggest cities in the world.
Stop At: Mexico City, Mexico City, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Mexico City holds a lot of stories — some 700 years’ worth of them, in fact! This Mexico City tour will walk you through the city’s past and present, with some insight into where its future is going.
But first, you have to start — where else? — at the beginning! You will learn about the legend behind this big city and you’ll get to understand what culture shock the Spaniards must have experienced when they first arrived to this part of America.
Stop At: Palacio de Bellas Artes, Avenida Juarez y Eje Central s/n Centro Histórico, Mexico City 06050 Mexico
The transit trip will lead you to one of the most exotic markets in town. Here you’ll get to try a few samples, and if you find something you love, you’re welcome to order more — we’ll help you navigate all the exciting snacks on display!
You’ll then grab some dessert and coffee or tea over at the Fine Arts Palace (Palacio de Bellas Artes), a gorgeous building that has gone from being a colonial-era convent into a modern-day display of Mexican arts and culture. You’ll finish the tour here — 700 years wrapped up into one epic day!
Departure Point :Hostel Mundo Joven Catedral, República de Guatemala 4, Centro Histórico de la Cdad. de México, Centro, Cuauhtémoc, 06020 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wear comfortable clothes
- On this tour you will visit important cultural sites, including Templo Mayor (a UNESCO World Heritage Site), the Metropolitan Cathedral, and Fine Art Palace. The tour includes entrance fees for these important landmarks, which helps preserve local cultural heritage.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.