Lonely Planet Experiences: Small Group Craft Beer Tour Of Budapest
Experience the best travel stories for yourself! Join a local expert and uncover hidden gems on this Lonely Planet Experience powered by Urban Adventures. Discover up-and-coming, vibrant districts of Budapest with a local guide. Taste some of the most exciting craft beers Hungary has to offer. Visit hidden bars that locals love. Have a beer overlooking the stunning panorama of the Danube. Enjoy a drink in an iconic Hungarian-style pub. This small group beer tour is limited to maximum 12 guests.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- 4 glasses of local craft beer
- Bite-size local snacks along the way
What's excluded :
- Any other drinks, meals, or souvenirs you wish to buy, tips/gratuities for your guide.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Rakoczi Square, Rakoczi ter, Budapest 1084 Hungary
We start our tour in a one-of-a-kind steampunk bar, with a totally unique vibe and detailed steampunk-style interior to match. Here you’ll have your first Hungarian beer and some local snacks to soak up the rest of the beer ahead of us.
Pass By: Balna, Fovam Ter 11-12, Budapest 1093 Hungary
Next, we’ll explore some of the small streets of the Palace Quarter where you’ll get to experience the area’s late 19th-century architecture on route to our second beer-hopping spot. It’s one of the most popular pubs these days among locals, located on the edge of the Danube and housed in a cavernous former warehouse. Here you’ll get some beautiful views of the Buda side overlooking the Danube from the bar’s scenic waterside terrace.
Pass By: Nándori Cukrászda, Budapest, Ráday u. 53, 1092 Hungary
It's all about traditional beer-drinking on our next stop as we travel back in time to a Hungarian pub that we call ‘kocsma’ nowadays you usually only find such venues in the countryside. Here we will experience the laid-back, old-style pub scene of days gone by and enjoy some local bar snacks and hear stories from the old communist days.
Pass By: Central Market Hall, Vamhaz korut, 1-3, Budapest 1093 Hungary
Our last stop is a signature bar on the Hungarian craft beer scene. This iconic bar serves an abundance of craft beers on tap and has gained reputation all around the globe as an important hub for the newly emerged craft beer scene.
We will spend most of the time in the 9th district that is becoming a craft beer centre of Budapest.
Departure Point :Rákóczi tér M, Budapest, 1085 Hungary
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :Budapest, Tűzoltó u. 22, 1094 Hungary
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If there are any major events happening that will affect the listed venues, we will visit alternate but equally awesome venues.
- Travellers under 18 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.
- We can accommodate dietary restrictions on this tour. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary requests.
- For your Urban Adventure, you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour: Your tour visits neighbourhoods that are not overwhelmed by tourism. Our goal is to show people the pubs and bars where they get a better understanding of the everyday life and drinking culture in the city.
- You also visit a pub that has been around for many decades. The pub has had a hard time financially and by going there frequently, we believe we can have a lasting effect on this piece of Budapest history.
- As part of your tour you stop to eat traditional pub snacks that are now very hard to find in the inner city of Budapest.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognizes companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardized protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.