Lonely Planet Experiences: Taste Of Local Daily Life Small Group or Private Tour
Experience the best travel stories for yourself! Join a local expert and uncover hidden gems on this Lonely Planet Experience powered by Urban Adventures. Join this Prague tour and let us take you to all the city's bohemian spots, sampling beer or wine as well as traditional and modern Czech food along the way! Prague is so much more than just its crowded city center, so come with us to places where you can explore without bumping into other people.
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- Public transportation during the tour
- Savory pastry and a local drink
- Czech lunch with a beer, wine or soft drink
- Local dessert with a coffee, tea, wine or beer.
- Map with personalized recommendations
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wenceslas Square, 110 00 Prague 1, Czechia
There is no better place to learn about the Velvet Revolution than the stage on which it occurred: Wenceslas Square. We’ll dive into the stories that marked this turbulent period, spearheaded by students and a chain-smoking Bohemian, who led the country into nationhood.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Lucerna Arcade Prague, Shtepanska 704/61 Praha 1, Prague 110 00 Czech Republic
Afterwards, we’ll quickly shy away from the big streets and find our way into a passage filled with beauty, history, and provocative art.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Narodni Muzeum, Vaclavske Namesti 68 Nove Mesto, Prague 115 79 Czech Republic
We will marvel at the beauty of this newly renovated Museum.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: National Theater, Narodni 223/2, Prague 110 00 Czech Republic
We will see the theatre from a distance as you head to a local Czech bistro for some open-face sandwiches.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Zizkov Televison Tower, Mahlerovy sady 1, Prague 130 00 Czech Republic
Now things begin to get even more interesting; hopping on the metro or tram, we’ll leave the centre and begin to explore other neighbourhoods, learning about Prague’s less trodden parts. We will see the highest building in the Czech Republic.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Riegrovy Sady Beer Garden, Prague Czech Republic
We will finish our tour at a microbrewery to sample some of the best beer around and an incredible local dish that should be on your must-eat list.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Wenceslas Square, Václavské nám., 110 00 Praha-Praha 1, Czechia
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :Národní divadlo, 110 00 Prague-Prague 1, Czechia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- For your tour you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Confirmation of booking: If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We'll see you at the start point.
- All the bars, restaurants and stores we visit are 100% owned and run by locals
- Visit a café that supports local people with mental health issues; for every traveller on this tour we donate 0,5 EUR to their cause.
- You will pick up some responsible travel tips from your guide, such as where to find fresh water when you need to fill up your bottle, along with recommendations for environmentally friendly restaurants and sustainable shops.
- Most travelers can participate
- We reserve the right to change the course of the tour and places visited in case one of the venues is closed. In the event of a change of menu, we will pick the best alternative, ensuring no loss in quality or quantity of inclusions.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures have received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.