Lord Leycester Hospital Admission Ticket
The history is astonishing, it has been in use continuously over many years, the link to veterans and the good work which is still going on is incredible and very worthy.
A real treat for a history lover - authentic, special, and fascinating.
In the reign of Queen Elizabeth I the buildings became, under the patronage of Robert Dudley, Earl of Leicester, a place of retirement for old warriors who had fought in the Elizabethan era wars.
These soldiers are known to this day as the Brethren and with the Master, still live within the walls of the building. Master and Brethren are a living legacy of almost 450 years of history. Every morning they meet in the Chapel and pray together the words written by their founder Robert Dudley. You can often see the Brethren in ceremonial uniform as they give tours through the buildings and gardens.
per adult from
What's included :
- Free audio-visual tour app available. Download onto any mobile device and immerse yourself with the audio-visual tour that guides you through the 14th century timber-framed buildings.
- Entry/Admission - Lord Leycester Hospital
What's excluded :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Bottled water
- Visit: Lord Leycester Hospital, 60 High Street, Warwick CV34 4BH England
The Hospital is a historic group of medieval timber-framed buildings on Warwick High Street dating mainly from the late 14th Century. Of historic significance, they represent one of the finest examples in Britain of medieval courtyard architecture. Clustered round the Norman gateway into the town, the 12th Century Chantry Chapel sits above it. For nearly 200 years this site was home to Warwick’s medieval Guilds.
The Master’s Garden, a tiny beautiful tranquil garden hidden behind the Master’s House, features a 12th Century Norman arch, an Egyptian ‘Nilometer’ and a very early pineapple pit.
Departure Point :Lord Leycester Hospital, 60 High Street, Warwick CV34 4BH England
Departure Time :8/15/2020 - 10/25/2021
Tuesday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.