Lord of Sipán Royal Tombs Museum Tour
See some of the rarest and most fascinating artifacts of Peru’s ancient Moche civilization at the Royal Tombs Museum. On this tour from Chiclayo with a knowledgeable guide, gain insight into the Moche people, who lived in northern Peru from the 1st to 8th centuries. In 1987, archeologists excavated Moche tombs filled with treasures, as well as mummies like the Lord of Sipán, which now reside at the museum in Lambayeque, just north of Chiclayo. Choose the private tour option for a more personalized experience, if you wish.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Entrance tickets
- Entry/Admission - Royal Tombs of Sipan Museum
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Chiclayo, Chiclayo, Lambayeque Region
After hotel pickup in central Chiclayo, head with your guide to the Royal Tombs Museum in the town of Lambayeque, 7 miles (11 km) north of Chiclayo.
Stop At: Royal Tombs of Sipan Museum, Juan Pablo Vizcardo Y Guzman 895, Lambayeque Peru
When you arrive, marvel at the museum’s unusual exterior — a replica of a Moche tomb — before heading inside with your guide for your tour. While you walk around, learn about the museum’s history and impressive collection of artifacts from your guide. Open since 2002 and dedicated to the excavated tombs of the ancient Moche civilization, the museum is named after the Lord of Sipán, the name given to one of the bejeweled Moche mummies found in northern Peru in 1987. See gold and silver artifacts, precious stones, jewelry, headdresses and other rare treasures found in the Moche tombs, and learn about the theory archeologists have about how the Moche lived and what position the Lord of Sipán held in the ancient community.
When your tour is over, you’ll be returned to Chiclayo.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Chiclayo, Chiclayo, Lambayeque Region
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Departs from all centrally located Chiclayo hotels Please Note: This service doesn't include pick up in private residencies, example; AirbnbReturn point: Returns to original departure point
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- We suggest arriving in Peru with antibacterial gel for personal use.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.