Los Angeles: Tales of Old Hollywood History & Drinks Tour (Small Group)
Taste the history of Hollywood during this 3-hour, small-group walking tour to some of the most famous bars, hangouts and speakeasies in Los Angeles. Get an insider’s perspective on the favorite haunts of silver screen legends like Marilyn Monroe, Charlie Chaplin and the city’s mobsters, as you sip classic mixers s at a selection of vintage pubs, historic speakeasies and lounges. You’ll also have plenty of photo ops thanks to the striking art deco interiors and neon signage that decorates these unique watering holes. This small group Hollywood bar crawl, limited to just 12 guests, also includes a local beer, a classic mixer, Chianti and a selection of street food.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- Beer (Half Pint)
- Light snack (Shared Nachos)
- Vodka Soda (or equivalent)
What's excluded :
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hollywood & Highland, 6801 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, CA 90028, USA
This modern mall is shapped by references with early day films. The large Elephant Sculptures were the setting for Daniel W. Griffiths movie “Intolerance”. The Dolby Theater is located within the mall and is the location for the yearly Academy Awards. The tour will show iconic viewpoints related to this histrorical events.
The Hollywood & Highland Mall is once per year the setting for US biggest television moment, the Academy Awards. The winning pictures of the Academy Awards, or nicknamed The Oscars, ca be seen on the pillars of the Hollywood & Highland mall. Guests can look for there birthyear to see which movie was the winning picture at that time.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Hollywood Walk of Fame, Hollywood Blvd at Vine St, Los Angeles, CA 90028
Guest will learn more about the history of the famous Hollywood walk of fame. With more than 2700 stars in 5 categories, the Walk of Fame is an iconic landmark on Hollywood Blvd.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Hollywood Sign, Los Angeles, CA 90068
The Hollywood Sign is viewable from the balcony within the Hollywood & Highland Mall. This landmark started in the early 1920’s as a marketing sign to promote the community below it. Now the iconic sign is viewed by many from all over the world.
Stop At: Musso & Frank Grill, 6667 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, CA 90028, USA
This longest running classic diner in the mids of Hollywood is celebrating it 100th anniversary in 2019. Musso and Frank Grill was and is the hot spot for celebrities to meet and dine. Stars of the Golden Age of Hollywood Marilyn Monroe and Charley Chaplin would have their favourite booth at this restaurant.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Snow White Cafe, 6769 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028, USA
On the tour guests will visit Snowwhite cafe, this is where Walt Disney would come with his animators to discuss new movies, Boardners cafe, historically the bar where many stars would meet and mingle and Micellis Italian Restaurant, the place for celebrities and presidents to enjoy a pizza & Chianti.
Duration: 1 hour 40 minutes
Stop At: TCL Chinese Theatres, 6925 Hollywood Blvd Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90028-6103
Build in 1926 this famous movie theater was built to give visitors a great experience at the movies. Nowadays it is known for having all the hand and footprints of all the famous stars who attend their own movie premiere.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: The Hollywood Roosevelt, 7000 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028, USA
Longest running hotel in Hollywood and historically the place for celebrities to stay when working in the Hollywood Movie Studios. Still, the Roosevelt is the hotel where famous guests stay during the Oscars! Guest will get a free 10-minute walkthrough.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :6815 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028, USA
Departure Time :5:30 PM
Return Detail :7000 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Maximum of 12 people per tour
- Children under 12 years of age are not permitted to join this tour. All participants under 21 years of age (or who cannot produce a valid photo ID proof of age) will be served select non-alcoholic beverages.
- Casual dress is acceptable and comfortable shoes are recommended as we’ll be walking about 1 mile total. Evenings can be cool, and even cold, from November through June so please check the weather and dress accordingly!
- Please indicate vegetarian preferences or any dietary restrictions upon booking. We will do our best to accommodate them although we cannot guarantee an alternative option at each stop.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.