Los Haitises National Park Eco Adventure
Have a ride to the center of the country and discover the jewel of the ecotourism of the island. Admire hundreds of islets teeming with wildlife and pictographs filled caves of the Taino ancestors.
First of all you’ll have a fabulous boat ride through it’s stunning mangroves and explore the virgin tropical rainforest. Then discover the island’s initial history visiting two astonishing caves loaded with Taino Indian art. In addition you’ll have an opportunity to chill in a secluded beach amidst Los Haitises National Park. Finally enjoy a delicious traditional lunch made with local recipes.
10 to 11 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Light refreshments
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This full day tour begins with your hotel pick up. We will cross the island in our comfortable vehicles for about 3 hours and arrive Caño Hondo arrive at a point just on the edge of the National Park section. This is the gateway to Los Haitises National Park, which means mountainous terrain by the hundreds of hills or hummocks that make up a unique karst system in the world.
A boat ride, will take us along the dense mangrove forest. We’ll visit the cave of St. Gabriel, The Line Cave with its countless Taino pictographs and The Sand Cave, with its beautiful interior beach. Then a delicious traditional lunch awaits us in Sabana de La Mar, a city full of history in the Bay of Samana. Los Haitises National Park tour is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful excursions available throughout the Dominican Republic.
Your tour finishes with a hotel drop-off or at the original starting point in Santo Domingo.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Centrally located Santo Domingo hotels. Private tours ends at the departure point.
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.