Los Haitises National Park mas Cayo Levantado Island
We initiate the tour in “Cayo Los Pajaros” ( Bird Cay ) where we will observe the reproductive areas of the birds that inhabit the reserve. Depending of the time of year we may see many of the newborns being fed by their parents. We continue onto “Boca de Tiburon” ( Mouth of the Shark ) a Cay that is home to stalactite formations, formed over time in this humid region. We then navigate through the mangrove canals observing the different types of endangered mangroves and the natural flora found in the park. We then enter the area known as the “Bosque Humedo” ( Humid Forest ), where you will experience the silence of nature firsthand, momentarily broken by the birds that make this area their home. During the trip we will also visit various natural caves known as Saint Gabriel, “La Linea” ( The Line ), and “La Arena” ( The Sand ) where you will find indigenous art painted on the cave walls and let yourself imagine the many activities that were held in those caves over the years.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
What's excluded :
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- After you enjoy the beauty of Los Haitises National Park we will head east to the island of Cayo Levantado where you will enjoy a delicious buffet lunch filled with a selection of the typical regional cuisine. Options include fish, chicken, rice and beans, pasta, fruit selection, salad, bread and either a refreshment or water, included in your excursion cost. You may also purchase alcoholic drinks, both national and international from local vendors, (Pina Coladas, Cerveza Presidente) which are not included as part of the excursion cost. After lunch and to finalize your wonderful experience you will enjoy the turquoise waters and white sands of Cayo Levantado, with the warm Samana sun or a breezy shade from the coconut trees that abound on the island, you can’t go wrong. At the end of the day we return to our point of departure in Samana, where we hope you can continue to enjoy the beauties that the peninsula has to offer.Throughout the excursion you will be accompanied by one of our experienced guides fluent in multiple languages who will help to make your adventure an unforgettable one. Aboard our boats you will be offered a selection of water, refreshments and rum as well as snacks of pieces of pineapple and coconut for your enjoyment.
What is included?
• Professional local Tour Guide
• Cuba Libre
• Santo Libre
• Lunch depends on your booked
• Bacardi island depends on your booked
• Life Jackets
• Lightweight rain jacketWhat is NOT included?
• Bug Repellent
• Entrance fee: Los Haitises Tour is $3 per person (cash)What to pack...
• Hat for Sun
• CameraPlease note: Unfortunately the caves are not conditioned for visitors who may suffer from certain physical disabilities.
Departure Point :Los Haitises National Park, Dominican Republic
Departure Time :Mondays 8 45 am
Wednesdays 8 45 am
Fridays 8 45 am
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.