Los Tuneles Snorkeling Day Tour
Around Los Tuneles you will find a highly contrasted colour for snorkeling with clear, calm water. Additionally, the lava flows that passed through this area had formed unique geological formations which are, of course, shaped like tunnels. You will get the chance to spot large quantities of seabirds such as the Albatros, Flamingos, Blue Footed Boobies and the magnificent Frigate bird. Besides, you can find species feeding such as tortoises, swimming iguanas, sea lions, manta rays, Galapagos penguins, lobsters, and sea snakes.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transfer to and from Los Tuneles by speedboat
- Snack on the boat
- Snorkeling equipment
- English speaking naturalist guide (Local Galapagos guide)
What's excluded :
- For rent: wetsuit (recommended between May – November): $ 10 p.p. per day (cash only)
- Watertaxi to Isabela port $ 1 p.p. per way (cash only)
- Personal travel & health insurance
- Optional tips for the guide
- Early in the morning, you will go on a 30 to 40 minute boat ride from Puerto Villamil. The max group size is 10 participants per guide. You will explore the brilliant scenery in Los Tuneles which is considered the most beautiful place to snorkel in Isabela Island. Around the Los Tuneles you will find a highly contrasted colour for snorkeling with clear, calm water. Additionally, the lava flows that passed through this area had formed unique geological formation and, of course, shaped like tunnels. You will get the chance to spot large quantities of seabirds such as the Albatros, Flamingos, Blue Footed Boobies and the magnificent frigatebird. Besides, you can find species feeding such as tortoises, swimming iguanas, sea lions, manta rays, Galapagos penguins, lobsters, and sea snakes. This exciting activity takes approximately about 6 hours including the boat rides and a snack before a short hike. The snorkeling area is about 800 meters and the average water temperature is 20 degrees Celsius. This beautiful place will definitely make your trip to Isabela even more special.
Departure Point :Puerto Villamil, Ecuador
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, availabilities, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Travelers must bring with them extra sanitary items to be used during the entire tour. Transportation: In the Galapagos speed boats, water taxis, and navigation boats, all the crew will use biosafety suits and equipment. Medicine: Travelers should bring their medications from their countries.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.