Lousy San Francisco Walking Tour - Downtown Tour
Voted Best Walking Tour in San Francisco 2017, 2018, 2019.
SK Morton was born in San Francisco and possesses, not only, knowledge and love of San Francisco, but also, the ability to make stuff up when he's stumped.
The Lousy Tour gives in depth information about San Francisco history, culture, architecture, and even current events. And you'll be able to follow along with all of the stories on your own phone or tablet with pictures from SK's library of thousands of historic images and recordings.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Souvenir drawstring backpack
- Bottled water
- Snacks - In your backpack you'll find a surprise candy gift. It might be chews, gummies, lollipops, taffy, or hard candy. (Sorry - chocolate tends to melt)
- SK makes available his library of historic images on your digital device (Or follow along on his)
- Entry/Admission - Palace Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Francisco
- Entry/Admission - Market Street
- Entry/Admission - One Kearny Club
- Entry/Admission - Dragon's Gate
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palace Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Francisco, 2 New Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
See the historical Palace from the inside and through the years with pictures and stories from its beginnings in 1873
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Market Street, San Francisco, CA
Walk along San Francisco's Path of Gold and get descriptions and stories for the mix of original and new high-rises from the Palace Hotel to Lotta's Fountain
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: One Kearny Club, 23 Geary St, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA
See the city from the roof of one of the only high-rise buildings to survive the 1906 earthquake and fire.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Dragon's Gate, Bush St, Grant Ave, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA
Along Grant avenue (the oldest street in SF) see buildings and businesses dating back to the California Gold Rush and earlier.
Grant also runs through Chinatown by way of the famous Dragon Gate. If time permits we get a sample of the 2nd Leg (an in depth tour of Chinatown) which starts from the Dragon Gate.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Palace Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Francisco, 2 New Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
Departure Time :9:45 AM
Return Detail :Hotel Triton, 342 Grant Ave, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.