Luminous Lagoon Night Tour from Ocho Rios
Glistening waters is one of Jamaicas most ineresting natural night attraction. It exists 4 places in the world and it is Jamaica´s only natural night time attraction. A boat ride out to the magical lagoon where the waters glows at night; bring your swimsuit for the chance to swim among the harmless phytoplankton.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Live commentary on board
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Marvyn's Paradise Tours
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Marvyn's Paradise Tours, Marvyn Gayle Boscobel, Ocho Rios 1876 Jamaica
Your tour guide will meet you in the lobby of your hotel in Ocho Rios. From there you will be taken on a trip to the magnificent and very rare gem that is the Luminous Lagoon.
The Luminous Lagoon is a very rare, so rare that this natural glistening water is only found in only four countries in the world - Indonesia, Bahamas, Puerto Rico and Jamaica. The Luminous Lagoon holds the record of been the brightest of the four. In 1964, John Hopkins visited Jamaica and did some studies in the lagoon which he discovered that the water contains phosphorus, small microorganisms that get their energy from the sunlight and then when the water is disturbed, by something like a paddle or a hand, they illuminate. The Martha Brae River also flows into the lagoon which assist in maintaining the perfect water temperature and other conditions.
As soon as it gets dark your boat's captain will be ready to take you out in a boat to see this natural wonder. Make sure to take you swimsuits because there is a brief stop for you to take a swim.
After the boat ride you will travel back to your hotel in Ocho Rios.1+
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from the lobby or main gate of resort / Villas at 5:30 pm
Departure Time :5:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 2 people per booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Due to the covid 19 and the safety protocals set it is required that our Guests tempreature be checked ,the wearing of mask and sanitization be done before entering the Vehicles.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.