Lysefjord Cruise and Pulpit Rock Hike - Summer Edition
Preikestolen Cruise & Hike
Want a total Pulpit Rock experience? This is the tour for you. It combines a fjord cruise through stunning Lysefjord with an exhilarating hike up the Pulpit Rock mountain. The boat sails from Stavanger through unforgettable fjord landscapes of idyllic islands, rocky shores, steep mountains and powerful waterfalls. Underway, you’ll be offered a taste of clear mountain water from Hengjane Falls and see the Vagabond’s Cave of legend. Then we drop you off at the village of Forsand to take a bus to the Preikestolen trailhead for a hike to the famous plateau. The hike will take about 2 hours each way from the bus. After hiking back down, you take a bus back to Stavanger. Our modern, comfortable boats have sundecks, spacious cabins and kiosks offering refreshments, including beer and wine.
A mountain hike without a guide.
Fitness, hiking shoes plus food and water needed.
per adult from
What's included :
- Lysefjord Express Cruise, Stavanger - Forsand
- Bus, Forsand - Pulpit Rock Mountain Lodge
- Hike to the Pulpit Rock (2 hours each way)
- Bus, Pulpit Rock Mountain Lodge - Stavanger
- Maps and guidance
- Free Wifi onboard
- Entry/Admission - Lysefjord
- Entry/Admission - Fantahålå
- Entry/Admission - Pulpit Rock
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lysefjord, Stavanger Norway
Lysefjord is located in the Ryfylke area in southwestern Norway. The 42-kilometre (26 mi) long fjord lies in Forsand municipality in Rogaland county, about 25 kilometres (16 mi) east of the city of Stavanger. The name means light fjord, and is said to be derived from the lightly coloured granite rocks along its sides. It is particularly well known for the huge Preikestolen cliff overlooking the fjord, which is a major tourist destination for the region. The fairly isolated village of Lysebotn lies at the eastern end of the fjord and the villages of Forsand and Oanes both lie at the western end of the fjord near the Lysefjord Bridge, the only crossing of the fjord
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Fantahålå, Strand, 4110 Forsand, Norway
Fantahålå (“vagabond’s cave”) is a small mountain cave named after a group of vagabonds who sought shelter there on the run from the local police.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Pulpit Rock, 4129 Norway
Pulpit Rock (Preikestolen) is a steep cliff which rises 604 metres (1,982 ft) above the Lysefjord. Atop the cliff, there is an almost flat top of approximately 25 by 25 metres (82 ft × 82 ft). Preikestolen is located near the Western part of the fjord, and on its North side.
Tourism at the site has been increasing in the early 21st century, with between 150,000 and 200,000 visitors in 2012, making it one of the most visited natural tourist attractions in Norway. BASE jumpers often leap from the cliff. Due to its increased popularity, there is currently[when a project under way to improve the most used path to the site - a 3.8-kilometre (2.4 mi) long hike.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Strandkaien, Stavanger, Norway
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.