Maasai Eco Tour
Maasai Eco Tour is a tour in the Magical Kenya Signature Experience Collection – curated, unique, authentic and exceptional once-in-a-lifetime Kenyan travel experiences accredited and recommended by the Kenya Tourist Board (KTB)
This One Horizon 1-day tour enables you to connect with nature and engage with a local Maasai community as they teach you about matters of conservation and the preservation of their precious lands where they have lived a semi-nomadic life for centuries. You will see how the Maasai are managing the grazing of their herds of cattle, embracing biogas systems for fuel to enable them to preserve precious forests, and learn how they use local plants and herbs for medicinal remedies. It is one of One Horizon’s most authentic and in-depth experiences of an indigenous community who have generations of environmental lessons to impart.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick up and return to your hotel or central Nairobi location
- Entry/Admission - The Reserve at Rimpa Estates Wildlife Conservancy
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Reserve at Rimpa Estates Wildlife Conservancy, Rimpa Road, Kiserian Kenya
On this day we drive into the rural Maasai heartland
where you learn how the Maasai manage their environment from the herdsmen, women and elders of the village. A Maasai's herd is one of their most sacred possessions, and they are the only tribe permitted to graze their herds on public land in Nairobi. They have for centuries had to protect their land so that they do not deplete the coverage of natural pastures. But as with most indigenous communities, they have been subject to many modern pressures. You will help herd the cattle, see how herbs can be used to make natural medicines and earn the importance the Maasai place on their natural resources. The Maasai are also making use of biogas; a clean, non-polluting energy source generated from cow dung. this means the Maasai do not need to forage each day for firewood, and which in turn protects forests and wildlife habitats. This day combines the opportunity to interact with people who are part of the fabric of Kenyan tribal life.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up and return to most hotel in Nairobi. When booking make sure you contact us and let us know where you will be
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.