Mabamba Shoebill Stork Tracking Tour
The Mabamba Swamps west of Entebbe is one of the best and most convenient places to see the elusive Shoebill.
With an expert guide, explore the swamp and catch sight of shoe bills, kingfishers, blue swallows, and more with this guided tour.
The famous Mabamba swamp presents an impressive birding experience on canoe.
You will be picked up and dropped back to your hotel in Entebbe
per adult from
What's included :
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Expert guide
- Pick-up and drop off to any hotel in Entebbe
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Mabamba Swamp Bird Watching
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mabamba Swamp Bird Watching, Kasanje, Mabamba, Uganda
Take to the water in dugout canoes to paddle your way between the reeds of Mabamba Swamp, a protected site.
You will be guided by expert guides to search for the elusive Shoe bill stork, in its natural habitat.
We will pick you-up at your hotel, within Entebbe at no extra cost.
Drive to the harbor to enter the boat. The boat has life-vests.
Boat-ride across the lake with beautiful view of Entebbe, the airport, fishermen and lots of birds, especially on approaching the swamps.
At Mabamba or Bussi we disembark the bigger boat and enter the smaller canoes for the Mabamba Swamps.
The canoes will take a maximum of 3 persons excluding the driver and guide.
After some minutes in the canoe the papyrus reads opens up into the big grassy swamps.
Most of the times this is where the Shoebill can be spotted.
After about two hours it is time to return out of the swamps and shift to the bigger boat for the journey back to Entebbe.
Some times the Shoebill may also be seen from the shores in the lagoon while coming into or when returning to Entebbe.
Whatever the case may be, the boat trip through the lagoon is usually very rewarding for all of its birds.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Entebbe, Uganda
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.