Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley 2 days Tour from Cusco
Get to know the fascinating culture and history of the ancient Incans with a 2-day tour from Cusco. Spend the first day at the beautiful Sacred Valley, and then rise nice and early on your second day for a full day at the spectacular Machu Picchu.
per adult from
What's included :
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes. Hotel Encanto ** or similars.
- Lunch in Sacred Valley
- 2nd day Breakfast.
- Buses to/from Machu Picchu
- Pick up only in downtown hotels.
- Entry/Admission - Pisac
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Park Ollantaytambo
- Entry/Admission - Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pisac Peru
Situated above Pisac in the Sacred Valley on the Urubamba River sits the ancient ruins of four distinct sites, guarded by the Q’Allaqasa fortress, which served as a defensive military post at the south end of the Sacred Valley. The three sites it guarded, along with the valley below, were Pisaqa, Intihuatana, and Kinchiracay. Also evident still are the agricultural terraces and some of the numerous buildings.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Pisac Market, Central Plaza Centro, Pisac 08105 Peru
The Pisac Market is one of the most famous markets in the Cusco region, drawing many visitors to its famous Sunday market when indigenous Quechua communities from the surrounding highlands come to Pisac to sell their produce and stock up on supplies for the week.
A large section of the market is dedicated to tourist-oriented souvenir stalls where you can find weavings, jewellery, ponchos, hats, Andean instruments, ceramics, alpaca products and a whole range of other gifts and souvenirs to take home with you
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Archaeological Park Ollantaytambo, Ollantaytambo 08676 Peru
The name of the town and the archaeological area is owed to Cacique Ollanta, who, according to legend, fell in love with a princess, daughter of Inca Pachacútec, and was severely punished.
In the Ollantaytambo complex, located on a hill that dominates the town, outstanding buildings include the Sun Temple and its gigantic monoliths, the Mañaracay or Royal Hall, Incahuatana and the Princess's bath. On the upper part of the complex, the fort is clearly visible, with a series of carved stone terraces built to protect the valley from possible invasions from ethnic groups that came from the jungle.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu Peru
Machu Picchu was declared a Peruvian Historic Sanctuary in 1981 and a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1983. In 2007, Machu Picchu was voted one of the New Seven Wonders of the World in a worldwide Internet poll.
The Incas built the estate around 1450 but abandoned it a century later at the time of the Spanish Conquest. Although known locally, it was not known to the Spanish during the colonial period and remained unknown to the outside world until American historian Hiram Bingham brought it to international attention in 1911
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup included from selected hotels located in Cusco Downtown.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.