Machu Picchu By Train (2 Days)
For many visitors to Peru and even South America, a visit to the Inca city of Machu Picchu is the long-anticipated highpoint of their trip. In a spectacular location, it’s the best-known archaeological site on the continent. This awe-inspiring ancient city was never revealed to the conquering Spaniards and was virtually forgotten until the early part of the 20th century.
per adult from
What's included :
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Transport Cusco - Ollantaytambo - Cusco
- Tourist Train Ticket
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- 01 Night accommodation in Aguas Calientes
- Bi-lingual guide
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu and back
- Entry/Admission - Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu
What's excluded :
- Entrance to Hot Springs
- Entry/Admission - Hot Springs (Aguas Calientes)
Day 1: Cusco - Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes
Stop At: Hot Springs (Aguas Calientes), Signposted from main square, Aguas Calientes, Machu Picchu Peru
Leaving from Cusco in the morning, you'll travel by mini-bus to the village of Ollantaytambo in the Sacred Valley. From here, you'll board the train to Aguas Calientes. This journey in itself is an experience, as you’ll get to enjoy beautiful scenery and changing landscapes, all from the comfort of your seat.
Following the course of the river down the Sacred Valley, you'll arrive to Aguas Calientes by about lunchtime. After checking in to your hotel, you'll have the afternoon free. If you want to take advantage of your afternoon, you can visit the Machu Picchu museum and orchid exhibition, which is a 35-minute walk outside of the village. Alternatively, you can just relax in the hot springs of Aguas Calientes (not included in the price)
Duration: 12 hours
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Overnight in a hostel
Day 2: Machu Picchu - Cusco
Stop At: Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu Peru
Waking up early, you'll take the first bus up to Machu Picchu to enter the site as it opens. You'll have a 2-hour guided tour of the site, during which you'll learn about the Incas and visit all the most important areas of the citadel. After the tour, you'll have free time to explore the site by yourself. Snap some photos, relax, and absorb the mystical surroundings. If you have permits to climb either Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain, now’s the time to do so. This will take about 3 hours, round-trip.
In the afternoon, you’ll catch the train back to Ollantaytambo, from where you’ll carry on by mini-bus back to Cusco.
Duration: 5 hours
No meals included on this day.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will be picking you up from your hotel within the historic centre of Cusco
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.