Machu Picchu By Train (Day Trip)
For many visitors to Peru and even South America, a visit to the Inca city of Machu Picchu is the long-anticipated highpoint of their trip. In a spectacular location, it’s the best-known archaeological site on the continent. This awe-inspiring ancient city was never revealed to the conquering Spaniards and was virtually forgotten until the early part of the 20th century.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport Cusco - Ollantaytambo - Cusco
- Train - Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Bus Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes
- Professional bi-lingual local guide
- Entry/Admission - Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu Peru
At 3.55am hotel pick-ups will commence, so be up early and ready to go! You’ll be driven to the train station in Ollantaytambo, where you’ll catch the 6.40am train, arriving into Aguas Calientes at around 8.00am. On arrival, your guide will meet you at the train station in Aguas Calientes to take you to the bus, up to Machu Picchu. The bus ride is about 30 minutes. You should arrive to Machu Picchu at around 8.45am, and enter the site.
During a tour through this magnificent place, your bilingual guide will explain all about the historic site of Machu Picchu, and you’ll visit all the major places within the lost city. The guided tour will take around 2.5 to 3 hours. Afterwards, you'll have free time to wander around and admire this awe-inspiring place on your own. It’s possible to exit the site to eat a snack at the café, and then re-enter. Your ticket is valid for the entire day.
Optional: You can climb the mountain of Huayna Picchu (tickets need to be bought at the time of your Machu Picchu purchase), which is a 1.5 to 2-hour roundtrip. This trip is without a guide. The entrance time is 10.00-11.00am, so if you choose to take this tour, your guided tour will be quicker in order to finish in time to enter Huayna Picchu.
After, you’ll descend to Aguas Calientes, the town named for its hot springs. You can get there by bus: it’s a 30-minute trip, and buses leave every 5 minutes. Then you’ll return by train to Cusco. You can choose the 4.12pm train to return directly to Cusco, or the 7.00pm train to return to Ollantaytambo - the train ride is about 1 hour and 40 minutes. A mini-bus will be waiting in Ollantaytambo to take you to Cusco (approx. 90 min).
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick up all travellers from their hotel in Cusco
Departure Time :3:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.